Clutch updated info

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this on Snowest forum. Looks like there is some good news coming about the Polaris clutches.

clutch.jpg

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure alot of Polaris guys pissed off enought to be jumping over to skidoo.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sled less right now 40 years on a Polaris with 3 skidoos and one cat in there. I’m having a hard time not jumping ship until Polaris gets their ch!t together

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure alot of Polaris guys pissed off enought to be jumping over to skidoo.
Anyone who was left stranded on the mountain would be pissed, either a Polaris rider with a clutch in the belly pan or a Doo guy with and exploded chain case. The exploding chain cases sounds like it is an easy fix. The clutch might be too but I expect takes more time as re-engineering, re-tooling and build time for parts may be required. Lets see what October 16th brings from Polaris. For me I hope they miss the guaranteed ship deadline as I would like the $1500 price reduction to buy accessories. I bet the accessoriy dept at Polaris will be quiet this Fall until delivery dates are announced as I won't be the only guy waiting to see if we get the credit.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that it is a repair procedure, so those with P22's we wont be getting new clutches. Will snowcheck P22's have repaired clutches or is this a change in manufacturing for new sleds I wonder.

Hope this fix hold ups and dealers can do the recalls before snow flies

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that it is a repair procedure, so those with P22's we wont be getting new clutches. Will snowcheck P22's have repaired clutches or is this a change in manufacturing for new sleds I wonder.

Hope this fix hold ups and dealers can do the recalls before snow flies
Who knows? Even re-using the cover, cover bolts or weights might fall into the category of "repair" as apposed to "replace". Or they are just looking at specifically replacing the failed component.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see them throwing parts at it how would the clutch still be balanced with new parts added.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't see them throwing parts at it how would the clutch still be balanced with new parts added.
Exactly. There better have been a factory somewhere churning out P23s all summer. The P22 has inherent design issues.

So no 2024 Poos have hit the dealers yet?

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder what they are calling the issue. Spider failures? Button failures? clutch bolt? This bearing clutch design on both polaris and arctic cat from team have proven to have their challenges. If riders are not smart enough to set belt deflection properly you shouldnt own a sled. I hope they go back to what works.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder what they are calling the issue. Spider failures? Button failures? clutch bolt? This bearing clutch design on both polaris and arctic cat from team have proven to have their challenges. If riders are not smart enough to set belt deflection properly you shouldnt own a sled. I hope they go back to what works.
Team was the cause of all the TRA failures in 2007 and 2008 with Doo. That from a highly placed source friend of mine at Doo

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda agree with you although I also heard that each larger part has been individually balanced so mixing and matching parts will work. Not sure who to believe. The spider might be low enough in mass and that mass may be close enough to the center of rotation so it may not need balancing (in Polaris's opinion).

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Team was the cause of all the TRA failures in 2007 and 2008 with Doo. That from a highly placed source friend of mine at Doo
Yes we are pretty hard on the sled manufacturers but their suppliers can make them look bad. In the end it is the manufacturers responsibility for quality control. But to your point earlier, about the chains and gears, what should a manufacturer do if the product arrives late and is off spec and sleds are set to ship out the door? Ship it and worry about the fall-out later. The only thing at that point they could do better is admit it with good communication and stand by the warranty, and then recall asap.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A new clutch bolt that defies the laws of physics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They might have to add a cushion to the end of the clutch like Doo did on the TRA. Not for harmonics but as a bumper under the bolt head to take the pounding of the clutch, everytime it snaps open.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends polaris clutch failed last year in the bullpen. Cost him a grand for the heli lift Polaris warranty took care of the rest New clutch and crankshaft.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmm , it's self adjusting

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom