Chainsaw mounts in a sxs

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets see how you guys are carrying your chainsaws in your sxs's. I am probably going to build a rack above my rear storage of possibly above the hood in front. I need some new ideas.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idea #1 fawk the saw.... Bigger bumper and pin it.
Well honestly it is more for the rzr's I ride with then me lol. Yes I'm serious. I have built this machine to go through the tight spots but sometimes they can't fit. I cleared out some downed trees on new years day because last time I was through there all the snow that was in them landing on my lap and started to melt after 10 minutes making for a cold end to the day. But I think I am going to start clearing more downed trees as we come up to them.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they have some nice ones in royal distributing page 324 and 325
I know of all the one you can buy. Just looking for pics of what everyone is doing. I don't have many options for mounting a normal press. It will be a custom mount. I also have to keep it from getting drowned out in the mud

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have down bars or any extra harness bars or anything? A couple hose clamps and a homemade press made out of plywood do the job pretty easily. Not the prettiest but it's cheap and takes all kinds of abuse pretty well. Mount it high and it stays out of the mud, but make sure not to overhang the roof or off the side lol those damn trees can get aggressive sometimes!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking I am just going to have to buy a bunch of steel and build it. I want to add in 4 point harnesses and can incorporate that cross bar into the front mount for a rack. I need it low enough that it doesn't interfere with my mirror but high enough I can still get into my trunk.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking I am just going to have to buy a bunch of steel and build it. I want to add in 4 point harnesses and can incorporate that cross bar into the front mount for a rack. I need it low enough that it doesn't interfere with my mirror but high enough I can still get into my trunk.
Friggin wildcats

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the chainsaw in the box thing with quads years ago and didn't like it. Had more then once gas and oil spilled over everything. Gas are up a plastic air compressor and ruined some riding clothes, etc. I want it to stay outside of my trunk I have now. I should take a pic of the back of what I use now. I only have this side pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451927716.565753.jpg

Top Bottom