Back Rack information please

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
On my “new to me” truck, I need something to protect the roof so that I can carry long boards (16’). I have two choices of material; steel and aluminum. The aluminum needs to be 1/4” thick minimum (that worked in my present truck) and leads to having a custom shop make it because Back Rack only makes their’s out of 1/8” material. The steel Back Rack ones are only 1/8” but they would probably be strong enough. Either one (aluminum or steel) would be powder coated black.
The box attachment (right angle supports) would need to be parallel to the rear window and not on the sides/rails of the box because of the function of the hydraulic deck.
What have we got for thoughts/custom shops from the sharp members on this topic? TIA

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bush Gear is a local fabricator of headache racks Doug. He's the go to for outfitting the bush trucks my company runs and can do whatever you need.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Simply put, I don’t know if I will be using the deck in the summer months. i am in a state of “wait and see” how this deck is going to operate and how I can use it to it’s full capacity. You do have me thinking.
alternatively, have something that is simple to change from the deck to the box?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Curious how much box space the hydronic system takes up under the deck?
So am I. I didn’t do a whole bunch of research on this purchase but I have seen some in action and I was impressed. Apparently, TuffLift out of Idaho are top notch so in another couple weeks I will see first hand. They are a little more expensive than my present aluminum mid-deck. I have a long box so, I will have more room than the grocery getters.
Looking forward to the options that I will have for sleds and summer work with regards to carrying tools.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So am I. I didn’t do a whole bunch of research on this purchase but I have seen some in action and I was impressed. Apparently, TuffLift out of Idaho are top notch so in another couple weeks I will see first hand. They are a little more expensive than my present aluminum mid-deck. I have a long box so, I will have more room than the grocery getters.
Looking forward to the options that I will have for sleds and summer work with regards to carrying tools.
👍. Post up picks when you get it.

I like keeping my deck on all the time. Give you a place to lock stuff up.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BackRacks are plenty strong. I put the safety rack on our company trucks and we regularly load the ch!t out of them. No issues with durability at the attachment to the box either. They make a crossbar that goes into the rear pockets as well, so you're not resting on the tailgate either.

Top Bottom