Catalyst demo day in Revvy

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone make it to Revvy for the Catalyst Demo to try the new Catalyst- feedback?
We went to frisbee the day before. 2K + of bare uphill Rubiks cube sized rocks to ride. No snow to the upper ticket booth pretty much going to be gone to the gravel pit by tomorrow. Even worse is coming down with all that mud inside your sled skid dripping all over my beautiful truck lol.

Long story short didn’t wanna ride all those rocks again to go try a kitty cat. There sure wasn’t anybody in town. Frisbee on Friday had maybe 10 trucks. And boulders closed. I’m guessing very few people made it there Saturday.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the snow was much better to the south? not sure if anyone can collaborate.

Outwest1

Reaction score
There was a bunch of us up at it. I said scrrew it cause of the line ups to try them but a couple buddy's tried out the single rail and twin rail 858. Both liked the motor siad it has lots of jam. Nice sled but time will tell.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
It’s probably a riot 146, dad saw it at Jackson and snow checked it. Pretty nice looking sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's too bad. If it was a 153 I'd be interested

Outwest1

Reaction score
That's the one. Both that rode it said it was very impressive for smaller track. Having electrical issues for fuel gauge none of them worked and the 600 they both rode had a real bad bog. They both agreed the 858 was a very nice motor. Time will tell. R and D guy said 5000 mile on top end and complete at 8000

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Went the shortcut and rode no dirt. Cat was assembled at the Fisby cabin with between 50-60 people hanging around . Saw local DSM, Andy from Cat engineering, Hanke, Calvin and Carson Irmen (Cat Hillclimb competitors and a whole bunch of faithful Cat owners and dealers. Swung by the parking lot where the Cat Semi was staged and spoke to my pal Sean who also Team Cat member. Several other Cat Corp staff manning the sign up and display area. Nice to see Cat show up and support their faithful. Its been a wait but I also feel this is what their loyal tribe deserve. Sleds look good and their belt drive impresses me. I know from speaking to some Cat dealers the Snowcheck has gone pretty well in a challenged year. So congrats to them. Hoping all have a good 2024/2025 season. Cause we know this one was less than average.
Safe sledding
RS

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Cat fan, but do feel for them releasing their new sled in this saturated climate. They must feel like they cant catch a break. I hope it comes out and rocks, and motivates the other 2 to escalate their game.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will not be that hard for Cat to BEAT the reliability of the Doo and Poo.......thats forsure...........

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will not be that hard for Cat to BEAT the reliability of the Doo and Poo.......thats forsure...........
Easy bro, Cat hasn't had a Mountain sled in the game since the 900 king cat. It will be nothing short of a miracle if they can even deliver the 20 or 30 that get ordered. And if they do deliver, they are going to get spanked by the 80% turbo population on the mountain. That 858 cat is going to end up some chicks back up sled.
:skidoo:

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy bro, Cat hasn't had a Mountain sled in the game since the 900 king cat. It will be nothing short of a miracle if they can even deliver the 20 or 30 that get ordered. And if they do deliver, they going to get spanked by the 80% turbo population on the mountain. That 858 cat is going to end up some chicks back up sled.
:skidoo:

might as well keep disappointing the wife/girlfriend and giver her all 120hp at elevation

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, but its sooo light and easy to ride. Even a cat rider can sidehill on it. :unsure:

Top Bottom