+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Circa 2007
IMG_E7847.JPG

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the days inn back in 90s with my dad and brother. When I was just a kid.

But it was called the Colombia before days bought it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the days inn back in 90s with my dad and brother. When I was just a kid.

But it was called the Colombia before days bought it.
Haha we stayed there since the early 90’s. Aboo took amazing care of us. Always showed up at our door when we got in to grab our gear and he would put it in his furnace room to dry it out for us. We used to call it the Cambodia but it was clean and it was cheap. I think we spent 59.95 for a room with 2 queens. Then Days took over and it started to go downhill. It was fine at first although more expensive but when they let “Mom” go (older lady that cleaned breakfast area who’s name escapes me now) a lot of guys left because she was so well liked. Old customers left and new ones replaced them so they didn’t care. Now with the increased costs and new owners again who cares. There are other places and other riding areas other than Revy.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha we stayed there since the early 90’s. Aboo took amazing care of us. Always showed up at our door when we got in to grab our gear and he would put it in his furnace room to dry it out for us. We used to call it the Cambodia but it was clean and it was cheap. I think we spent 59.95 for a room with 2 queens. Then Days took over and it started to go downhill. It was fine at first although more expensive but when they let “Mom” go (older lady that cleaned breakfast area who’s name escapes me now) a lot of guys left because she was so well liked. Old customers left and new ones replaced them so they didn’t care. Now with the increased costs and new owners again who cares. There are other places and other riding areas other than Revy.

We stayed there all the time. Only stayed there 2 or 3 times after days took over

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mom's name was Janeen. Good old gal.....she took care of a cat one time for 3 days for us, as our buddies kids cat jumped into the trailer leaving Alberta, and ran out in Revy when we grabbed our gear bags.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mom's name was Janeen. Good old gal.....she took care of a cat one time for 3 days for us, as our buddies kids cat jumped into the trailer leaving Alberta, and ran out in Revy when we grabbed our gear bags.
Ahhh yes that’s her. She was a sweetie. Everybody loved her except probably the owners.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read on Alberta Sledderz that Days Inn is renamed The Northwinds. They are partially closed for renos this winter, hot tubs are not functioning and no continental breakfast. $100 more a night. Sounds like a destination point for sure. 😬

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah now guys just book every weekend and cancel when they aren’t coming. Fuggs up a lot of plans

I remember in 04/05 getting to golden hey we better call and grab a room somewhere. $80 a night sledder rate. The ski hill defiantly changed demand in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son Just stayed here last weekend $78 a night before tax no breakfast and under construction. 🤷‍♂️
Guys have been getting quoted $295 plus taxes for a room with 2 queen beds? Maybe a single is super cheap?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that’s changed a lot since I looked. Maybe with the Reno’s, no tubs and no breakfast they dropped their prices? That’s a huge drop

Top Bottom