CATALYST TURBO - SOLID TURBOS - QUANTUM TURBO KIT

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grea
We use a high end Xona turbo with an ultra high Flow Turbine wheel, the kit is designed for max throughput efficiency, the silicone is custom made for the kit and is Florine lined making it fuel rated. Solid fixed a 20+ year old problem of pushing oil past the seals in the turbo by developing a check valve metering system. We use exhaust flanges where the pipe meets the turbo where others double spring it. We use custom made exhaust springs for the y-pipe to pipe connections. Everything in this kit is purpose built. Your best option would be to throw a leg over our kit and then you will know. Where do you normally ride and I will try to get you some seat time. Thank you for the question. Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great thank you for the info!

I live in Revelstoke so when you guys get one here I would sure appreciate some seat time.

Macgrant

Reaction score
On a recent snowest podcast they were talking to another turbo company and the question was asked why choose their kit over the others. So I ask you….why choose your kit? I’m not trying to be a d*ck. I honestly do want to know because other than watching mavericks instagram I have no knowledge of your kit. These kits aren’t cheap no matter which one you go with so the more info we can get the easier (hopefully) the decision will be to choose a kit

Anything you heard in that snowest podcast, I'd ignore, lots of talk and they can't back it up.

Solid is fairly new but by far the best and cleanest. Been running 3 years.

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
The New Quantum Turbo Kit for the 600 Catalyst is in the works.
5dddda880005a2f58a242a23fe6e0022.jpg

26c353300919d45751ab294477658d33.jpg

e8759b26bfa1aa198ca4ae69462531e6.jpg

Solid Turbos will have a Catalyst Turbo at the Performance Northwest Booth at the Edmonton Snow Show. Let us know what you think. If we are lucky we may have our New Polaris Axys/Matryx KRATOS Turbo there too. Jay

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
The New Quantum Turbo Kit for the 600 Catalyst is in the works.
5dddda880005a2f58a242a23fe6e0022.jpg

26c353300919d45751ab294477658d33.jpg

e8759b26bfa1aa198ca4ae69462531e6.jpg

Solid Turbos will have our Catalyst Quantum Turbo Kit at the Edmonton Snow Show in the Bikeman Booth.

Last edited:

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything you heard in that snowest podcast, I'd ignore, lots of talk and they can't back it up.

Solid is fairly new but by far the best and cleanest. Been running 3 years.
Ya I was a little disappointed as they never said much about how the turbos they rode worked. Mostly just tech info which some of it was interesting….especially the clutching side. I expected more given that they had most of the winter to develope, test and tune and the Snowest guys rode it.

If I’m going to drop 8k on a kit I better not be spending the winter finishing the r&d. At least with Solid the dealer, Performance Northwest, is an hour away and Kerry seems like a standup guy that knows his stuff

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So all the hype about 175 dudes is a facade … yes they ride but they don’t climb the chit 165 or 154 Doo ….. they are pretenders with ambiguous results … that being said my 154 Catylist Solid will go up and over what they say,., I’ve never seen these fellas go up any chutes on SM …. But I have and will …. That being said Jay when you come up Cooper and I will have fun…

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So all the hype about 175 dudes is a facade … yes they ride but they don’t climb the chit 165 or 154 Doo ….. they are pretenders with ambiguous results … that being said my 154 Catylist Solid will go up and over what they say,., I’ve never seen these fellas go up any chutes on SM …. But I have and will …. That being said Jay when you come up Cooper and I will have fun…
Are you going to be running a catalyst 600 turbo this season?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SOOOOOO, a 154 600 turbo will climb with a 175 850 turbo.. I think all the solid exhaust smoke may have some THC in it...

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
SOOOOOO, a 154 600 turbo will climb with a 175 850 turbo.. I think all the solid exhaust smoke may have some THC in it...

The THC is extra. We do not have one on the snow yet. We will have one on the Dyno soon. We are currently mapping larger injectors for exact values to enter into the ECM

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The THC is extra. We do not have one on the snow yet. We will have one on the Dyno soon. We are currently mapping larger injectors for exact values to enter into the ECM

Nice. Looking forward to seeing how this set up works. The 600 isnt really going to interest many people as you can buy stock sleds that make 180+ hp stock, and a tune will push them up to 200 and further.

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
Nice. Looking forward to seeing how this set up works. The 600 isnt really going to interest many people as you can buy stock sleds that make 180+ hp stock, and a tune will push them up to 200 and further.

Everything is sized for the 858 and if everything goes as we expect you should be able to transplant it

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Everything is sized for the 858 and if everything goes as we expect you should be able to transplant it

Ya. That will be sweet for sure. 210hp out of the 858 will be an impressive package. Not sure how many will sell in Canada with the $9500+ CAD price tag.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Any idea what kind of power you are shooting for on your pump gas kit on the 858 while still trying to make it last a few seasons?

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Any idea what kind of power you are shooting for on your pump gas kit on the 858 while still trying to make it last a few seasons?

Well anything over 200hp gets to be uncontrollable but if I were to make an educated guess. 225-230hp at elevation. The limiting factor on our kit will not be the injectors or the turbo. It’s a give and take, a smaller Turbine housing and a larger exducer will give you bigger boost sooner but the turbine housing might not be large enough on the top end to get you to max power. A larger turbine housing will shift the power curve but carry you through to big power. Does that answer your question?

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well anything over 200hp gets to be uncontrollable but if I were to make an educated guess. 225-230hp at elevation. The limiting factor on our kit will not be the injectors or the turbo. It’s a give and take, a smaller Turbine housing and a larger exducer will give you bigger boost sooner but the turbine housing might not be large enough on the top end to get you to max power. A larger turbine housing will shift the power curve but carry you through to big power. Does that answer your question?

225-230hp on 91 octane fuel at elevation?! I have no interest in going back to race gas. What do you mean by anything over 200hp is uncontrollable? I would assume that a smaller housing turbo that builds boost faster is better suited for the riding most of us out west here are doing even though some potential power will be lost on the top end. Thanks

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
225-230hp on 91 octane fuel at elevation?! I have no interest in going back to race gas. What do you mean by anything over 200hp is uncontrollable? I would assume that a smaller housing turbo that builds boost faster is better suited for the riding most of us out west here are doing even though some potential power will be lost on the top end. Thanks

Well I am 54 so maybe I should have said uncontrollable for me. We do mix 8oz of Lucas Octane booster per tank. Bumps the octane to about 93.

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
Well I am 54 so maybe I should have said uncontrollable for me. We do mix 8oz of Lucas Octane booster per tank. Bumps the octane to about 93.

Once you start building up to much back pressure running to small of a turbine housing it go down hill quickly

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
Right on, thanks for the info I appreciate it, and 200hp is where things start to get fun! lol :beerchug:

Interesting fact to wrap your mind around. Our kit is so efficient that I can install a 5lb spring in the WG and generate around 6.5 lbs of boost.

Top Bottom