Solid Turbos - Kratos Turbo Kit -Matryx/Axys

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys who compare the throttle response of NA sleds to turbos always seem to blame spool time and never discuss the heavy clutch weights that the motor has to swing prior to building boost. Take a NA sled and put turbo weights in it and try to tell me it is just as responsive, I won't agree. Sure a supercharger can do this but not a turbo unless the boost is coming in near idle.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You guys who compare the throttle response of NA sleds to turbos always seem to blame spool time and never discuss the heavy clutch weights that the motor has to swing prior to building boost. Take a NA sled and put turbo weights in it and try to tell me it is just as responsive, I won't agree. Sure a supercharger can do this but not a turbo unless the boost is coming in near idle.
9R runs 74G weigths, Boosts run 76G weights...

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
KPA turbo - been running these for years and they work great
Silber Tuning has proven to be the best in the industry, there service sucks, but the tuning is great. Bikeman tuning and there torque link tuner as proven to melt pistons and cause many issues with the Polaris Boost.
Stock injectors
Critical data....LOL
Silber is the only tuning that can adjust the oil pump, they increase the low flow and high flow ports.
Design is what it is. ANY turbo takes time to spool, no way around it. Im sure the Solid kit is better on the bottom end, but is that slight difference worth $5500... no.

Let me know when you get a $10,000 turbo kit installed and we can go and compare the 2.

We just shipped a Polaris turbo to Performance North West. We use a Xona turbo with an ultra high flow exhaust wheel which reduces back pressure on the bottom. The sleds runs NA on the bottom due to our turbo by-pass so there is zero lag. We can watch the intake manifold pressure and we can go from a dead stop to 5lbs of boost in 0.6 seconds. The first 0.6 seconds runs NA. We have full control over the ECM so we can turn up the oil pump if needed. We do not need to mix gas due to our highly efficient design which limits back pressure. Feel free to ask questions. For the money Silber does make a good kit but our’s was designed for maximum performance and that cost money. We also have a special oiling system the prevents oil from getting pushed past the seals in the turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We just shipped a Polaris turbo to Performance North West. We use a Xona turbo with an ultra high flow exhaust wheel which reduces back pressure on the bottom. The sleds runs NA on the bottom due to our turbo by-pass so there is zero lag. We can watch the intake manifold pressure and we can go from a dead stop to 5lbs of boost in 0.6 seconds. The first 0.6 seconds runs NA. We have full control over the ECM so we can turn up the oil pump if needed. We do not need to mix gas due to our highly efficient design which limits back pressure. Feel free to ask questions. For the money Silber does make a good kit but our’s was designed for maximum performance and that cost money. We also have a special oiling system the prevents oil from getting pushed past the seals in the turbo.

Im not disputing that, im sure its better bottom end and is impressive. All im saying is a Silber turbo with how i clutch them is incredibly responsive. I dont see the value in spending $5500 to have a set up that responds 0.4 seconds faster.

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
Im not disputing that, im sure its better bottom end and is impressive. All im saying is a Silber turbo with how i clutch them is incredibly responsive. I dont see the value in spending $5500 to have a set up that responds 0.4 seconds faster.

Fair enough answer, appreciate your response

Top Bottom