Solid Turbos - Kratos Turbo Kit -Matryx/Axys

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
Nice looking kits. Hopefully they run as good as advertised. Many of us up here have been running aftermarket turbo kits for years. The lag is what spoils it for myself.
Probably a good reason why so many have gone to the factory boosted sleds, including warranty.
Most don’t require over 190-200 hp.

Just got off the phone with 650poo. You guys need to hound Kerry Cooper at Performance NW to get a demo sled set up so you can can try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would definitely help move your product to get some on the snow.
Maybe contact dragonweld28 on here. He has a great business and does lots of R&D on all the products he provides to his customers.
Sienen Racing Products
I believe he is currently building a 9R with a turbo.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So with 4-5Lbs boost and a turbo capable of 275 hp, I would think you would loose throttle response at lower rpm (Not ideal for tree bashing) It would be nice to see something with a smaller turbo and throttle response like a G5 Doo (I don't like the Boost due to its throttle response)
I don’t think you realize how responsive this system is… it is one of the fastest spooling & throttle response setups in the 2 stroke market. As Jay said, Kerry has 600 cat kits and 850 poo…. Solid is one of the few in the after market turbo industry to run one of their systems @ DynoTech Res facility. It’s impressive.. if you are a subscriber go give it a read. Hopefully you have the opportunity meet up with Kerry.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe contact dragonweld28 on here. He has a great business and does lots of R&D on all the products he provides to his customers.
Sienen Racing Products
If you went to the sled show in Edmonton you could or should had first hand looking and comparing a Solid to the others.. far more superior materials, positioning, bypass, turbo, oiling etc…. U pay for what u get..

Last edited:

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was working, could not go.
I am interested in their product. I have had a few different manufactured turbo kits on my sleds. HM Turbos, Boondocker, Boost-It, Red Line, and Silber. Everyone claims the same thing. Theirs is the latest and greatest.As always talk is cheap. One brand I was back to the shop after just about every trip out west.
I am just saying need to get the product out there for folks to see and ride.
Lots of Alberta folks riding aftermarket turbo sleds. Do not see too many videos, but maybe I am not looking in the right place. The by pass set up should help a great deal.
With the poor start to the snowmobile season, and dealers not being able to move a lot of sleds along with folks backing out of snow checks, it could be a great opportunity for the aftermarket turbo builders once again. Pick up a stocker cheap, install a good running turbo kit and still save some dollars compared to a factory turbo sled.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am interested in their product. I have had a few different manufactured turbo kits on my sleds. HM Turbos, Boondocker, Boost-It, Red Line, and Silber. Everyone claims the same thing. Theirs is the latest and greatest.As always talk is cheap. One brand I was back to the shop after just about every trip out west.
Lots of Alberta folks riding aftermarket turbo sleds. Do not see too many videos, but maybe I am not looking in the right place. The by pass set up should help a great deal.
With the poor start to the snowmobile season, and dealers not being able to move a lot of sleds along with folks backing out of snow checks, it could be a great opportunity for the aftermarket turbo builders once again. Pick up a stocker cheap, install a good running turbo kit and still save some dollars compared to a factory turbo sled.
Not to thread jack but out of curiosity which was the worst, and were you running them all on Polaris’?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running them on Polaris and Yamaha
09 Dragon - boondocker
Polaris pro’s HM, boost-it, Redline
Yamaha - Boost-it

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running them on Polaris and Yamaha
09 Dragon - boondocker
Polaris pro’s HM, boost-it, Redline
Yamaha - Boost-it
Lot's has changed with many and some don't exist... With the bypass charge box coupled with Xona Turbo with Ultra High Flow Turbine Wheel, actually R&D Testing of injectors | Maps and not maxing out on duty cycle of the larger injectors resulting in I would guess a 0.80 - 0.87 Lambda (Ski-Doo G5 from my reading deep into there algorithms they are 0.90 as that is normal factory setting this was 2023 model) Maybe 2024 is more refined.
Your only a hop skip and jump to Kerry @ https://pnwl.ca/ - very professional company. (I may be a little bias on the Solid)

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that’s a lot of people’s idea … pick your poison and go…!

650Poo

Reaction score
I'm with 06Dragon, if the throttle response on the bottom was stock or better that would be one thing (ALL KITS SAY NO TURBO LAG) and I do believe Solid would be the best of them. Just a hard pill to swallow if you put out the cash out and the bottom end (For tree riding) was less than N/A. I would personally hate my sled, and have to pull the turbo and take a big hit on price of the kit just to test it. I have ridden Polaris boosts and I WILL NOT give up the throttle response of my N/A for the extra power, NOT worth it to me and I'm too old to ride full smoke through the bush to have throttle response.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sienen Racing Products
My 9R will be impressive. I have no interest selling $10,000 turbo kits when theres turbo kits on the market that are just as good for half the price.

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
My 9R will be impressive. I have no interest selling $10,000 turbo kits when theres turbo kits on the market that are just as good for half the price.

Where do you ride? I can try to arrange some seat time for you if you are interested in trying our kit.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Where do you ride? I can try to arrange some seat time for you if you are interested in trying our kit.

Ill be in Revy at the end of the month/ maybe into the beginning of March. Would like to see how your set up runs.

SOLID TURBOS

Reaction score
Ill be in Revy at the end of the month/ maybe into the beginning of March. Would like to see how your set up runs.

Do you have IG or FB. Need your user name and I will ask the Solid guys. Will probably be on a Cat but the Polaris kits run just as good.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have IG or FB. Need your user name and I will ask the Solid guys. Will probably be on a Cat but the Polaris kits run just as good.

Ben Seinen on FB and SRP (Seinen Racing Products) on IG and FB.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with 06Dragon, if the throttle response on the bottom was stock or better that would be one thing (ALL KITS SAY NO TURBO LAG) and I do believe Solid would be the best of them. Just a hard pill to swallow if you put out the cash out and the bottom end (For tree riding) was less than N/A. I would personally hate my sled, and have to pull the turbo and take a big hit on price of the kit just to test it. I have ridden Polaris boosts and I WILL NOT give up the throttle response of my N/A for the extra power, NOT worth it to me and I'm too old to ride full smoke through the bush to have throttle response.
Solid is one of the top contenders for sure.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting… So what are the exact components, mapping, injectors, efficiency, critical data, turbine, bearings, oiling
& design of comparison that makes them just as good for half the price?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting… So what are the exact components, mapping, injectors, efficiency, critical data, turbine, bearings, oiling
& design of comparison that makes them just as good for half the price?
KPA turbo - been running these for years and they work great
Silber Tuning has proven to be the best in the industry, there service sucks, but the tuning is great. Bikeman tuning and there torque link tuner as proven to melt pistons and cause many issues with the Polaris Boost.
Stock injectors
Critical data....LOL
Silber is the only tuning that can adjust the oil pump, they increase the low flow and high flow ports.
Design is what it is. ANY turbo takes time to spool, no way around it. Im sure the Solid kit is better on the bottom end, but is that slight difference worth $5500... no.

Let me know when you get a $10,000 turbo kit installed and we can go and compare the 2.

Top Bottom