Carbon tax to increase to $170/tonne by 2030

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe farmers are exempt from carbon tax. The ones I know are not happy to see these increases. One says he pays quite a bit of carbon tax just to dry his grain. Snopro can maybe chime in

Farmers still pay carbon tax on power, natural gas and propane.

Depending on your power supplier and where you farm, it can get ugly fast. A farmer from Riverhurst, SK shared his Sask Power bill for July and to run his irrigation, the Carbon Tax portion of his bill was just over $18,000, not including GST.

Absolute insanity.

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What new technology is going to supply the BTU's required for heating our homes and businesses?

The carbon tax on heating homes with natural gas pisses me off the most. In the winter the carbon tax is $30-50 per month already, and Im cheap with the thermostat settings.

As for newer technology, my neighbour has a modern heat pump as his main heat source, claims he's never had a monthly heating/ electricall bill over $100 with it. My gas bill averages over about $190 per month in the winter. My house is about 25% larger but thats still a big difference.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The carbon tax on heating homes with natural gas pisses me off the most. In the winter the carbon tax is $30-50 per month already, and Im cheap with the thermostat settings.

As for newer technology, my neighbour has a modern heat pump as his main heat source, claims he's never had a monthly heating/ electricall bill over $100 with it. My gas bill averages over about $190 per month in the winter. My house is about 25% larger but thats still a big difference.
Interesting. My neighbour has a heat pump in a 2013 house on 3300 sq.ft and his bi-monthly heat bill is over $500 or more than $250/month in the winter in the lower mainland. He has a smart meter so he can tell exactly how much it uses and its a lot.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
we are not exempt from carbon tax in south east sk. The amount is disgusting, chemical, fuel, parts, service.. if you think anyone is exempt from carbon tax, read between the lines.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. Its quite a large range of prices peeps pay for Natural gas. I heat my house, Attached garage, 30 x 30 shop, and all appliances like fireplace and stove are gas too, for 100-140 ish a month. If you have a choice, probably good to shop around.

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if anyone in western Canada votes for the useless liberals they should be sent to china with a one way ticket how brain dead would you have to be to vote for such a corrupt government
Unfortunately the election is usually over before Manitoba even gets to vote. Western votes mean FA. System is broken.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trudy and his group are spending too much time in there cult meetings and following there agenda's. I came across this the other day. :realmad:

https://www.weforum.org/videos/how-carbon-pricing-can-help-increase-the-use-of-renewable-energy

I think that's the tip of the iceberg. Trudeau announced the carbon tax increase shortly after his first phone call with president elect Biden, I'm assuming he upped the anti because Biden plans to do the same. I would be very surprised if the US doesn't have a federal carbon tax in the next 4 years.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the new carbon tax combined with high nat.gas pricing. Just got a letter from the gas co-op, monthly budget billing has gone up almost $100 to $365. Glad I don't have a huge shop to heat or grain to dry....

Top Bottom