Carbon tax to increase to $170/tonne by 2030

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think he is trying to bankrupt people so they can expedite the great reset?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think he is trying to bankrupt people so they can expedite the great reset?

I think he's trying to shut down the oil and gas industry and bankrupt Alberta, finally finish what his daddy started. He's promised a 30% reduction in CO2 by 2030, shut down oil and gas and get a few million to drive electric cars and bam we're there.

Screenshot (121).jpg

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure that will happen, lots of wood stoves in Ontario, Quebec, and the Maritimes. Can't p!ss off his supporters.

Generally it's believed wood burning is carbon neutral, not sure how they'd tax it anyway, if anything I see wood heating making a big resurgence. Even if they do try to tax it I'm sure I can locate a source of "tax free" wood for my stove.

This ∆

I thought the same thing, that they would be trying to ban it because they can't control or tax it, but apparently you're a good person if you burn wood because it's carbon neutral

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well seeing as b. C and federal governments will not put in the infrastructure for natural gas, then they can suck it

I'm not paying for electricity to heat it all, it's bad enough for power now

We still have some things heated with base boards, the crawl space below house, the lower garage, keep it at 7 deg

Mabe a room or two at back of the house if it's real cold and stove heat don't make it

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soon to be Venezuela, where the gas is free in exchange for food or other commodities. Also to touch on the wood stove subject, plants/animals need CO2 to survive without those humans would die off as well. They can also increase your insurance rates if you have a wood stove, or just lock you down so u cannot get any wood the way these clowns are going.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well seeing as b. C and federal governments will not put in the infrastructure for natural gas, then they can suck it

I'm not paying for electricity to heat it all, it's bad enough for power now

We still have some things heated with base boards, the crawl space below house, the lower garage, keep it at 7 deg

Mabe a room or two at back of the house if it's real cold and stove heat don't make it

At this point that doesn't seem like such a bad thing, in 10 years those of us with natural gas won't be able to afford to burn it anyway.

But if they want my wood stove they can have it, I'll give it up about the same time I give up my guns.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still dont understand how taxing carbon is gonna help
the cost of doing business is gonna go up and it will just be passed onto the end user
i will pay more at the pump and will charge my customers more
and do you guys know of anyone who has got this rebate

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Largest coal exporting facility in North America is in Vancouver shipping millions of tonnes to China and the way Trudeau is fixing co2 emissions by taxing Canadians to death. He really is that stupid.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How the f*ck is burning wood carbon neutral? It’s just slightly less concentrated coal!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How the f*ck is burning wood carbon neutral? It’s just slightly less concentrated coal!

The argument is that coal is sequestered in a stable solid form. When you burn it you add it to the carbon cycle. A tree is part of the current carbon cycle. It releases to the atmosphere whether you burn it or it rots

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The argument is that coal is sequestered in a stable solid form. When you burn it you add it to the carbon cycle. A tree is part of the current carbon cycle. It releases to the atmosphere whether you burn it or it rots[/QUOTE

At what point does something move from the “ current carbon cycle “ to the “sequestered “ and how does a tree that’s living and absorbing CO2 release carbon? Once it’s cut down and just becomes lumber should it not be considered “sequestered “? It’s this kind of eco-weenie double speak and double standards that drive people wild. I think it’s the fact that the chattering class often have places with wood burners that makes it acceptable.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The argument is that coal is sequestered in a stable solid form. When you burn it you add it to the carbon cycle. A tree is part of the current carbon cycle. It releases to the atmosphere whether you burn it or it rots[/QUOTE

At what point does something move from the “ current carbon cycle “ to the “sequestered “ and how does a tree that’s living and absorbing CO2 release carbon? Once it’s cut down and just becomes lumber should it not be considered “sequestered “? It’s this kind of eco-weenie double speak and double standards that drive people wild. I think it’s the fact that the chattering class often have places with wood burners that makes it acceptable.

I'm not saying I agree with it. In fact I find the whole CO2 as a pollutant argument absolutely ridiculous. CO2 has always followed warming so it's clearly not driving the increased temperatures. As a green house gas it's just not that effective. As I understand it its water vapor that causes most of the greenhouse effect. Most of the corrupt climate models assume that water vapor increases will follow CO2 increases, which has never happened in reality.

But as far as their argument it does make sense if you buy into the anti CO2 sentiment. Yes when you mill trees and build a house you are essentially sequestering the carbon from that wood (until the house burns down, or is torn down and decomposes). When wood decomposes or is burned then it's carbon is released.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Not sure why people are so concerned with heat. Once we start butchering zoo animals you won't even notice how cold you are.
Soon to be Venezuela, where the gas is free in exchange for food or other commodities. Also to touch on the wood stove subject, plants/animals need CO2 to survive without those humans would die off as well. They can also increase your insurance rates if you have a wood stove, or just lock you down so u cannot get any wood the way these clowns are going.

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And of course Quebec is exempt as usual thanks to their scheme of Cap and trade carbon credit B.S. They only pay $17 tonne. They already get some of the cheapest electricity in the country, also have to give their aluminum and cement industry all the help they can get. Any really think they gonna get rid of Sockboy? Quebec info at end of article.

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...e-by-2030-as-liberals-unveil-new-climate-plan

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still dont understand how taxing carbon is gonna help
the cost of doing business is gonna go up and it will just be passed onto the end user
i will pay more at the pump and will charge my customers more
and do you guys know of anyone who has got this rebate

Gigantic ponzi scheme.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lumber is considered sequestered carbon for the purposes of the flawed carbon calculations. Biomass aka wood pellets are considered green as well because the fibre that composes them would historically have been burned in the bush or a beehive burner releasing the same amount of emissions with no net benefit.

Pedaling pete

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sold! Everyone start burning wood now.

I cant smell the exhaust coming out of my house burning natural gas right now, but I heard burning wood is better for the environment so it must be true ! :rolleyes:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$5.25. But I've never been stopped to show proof of one.

Free in BC, and you print the form yourself off the internet then fill it out however you like. Nobody from government ever sees it or approves it. I keep a handful of them in my truck. Completely pointless! I do know guys that have been asked for it while out cutting wood though.

Top Bottom