Carbon tax to increase to $170/tonne by 2030

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only if they are also lower income. Anyone who makes a decent amount of money won't get any rebate, if a family brings in more then $63k right now no rebate. It's just a round about way for wealth redistribution that really hurts the middle class.

Do you have a source for that? My understanding is that it's not related to income. We claimed the full amount for 2019 without issue and we both make more than $63k.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Left wing Right wing same fawkin bird, Definition of insanity electing different criminals in the hopes for a better outcome. When is enough gonna be enough with "Defacto" regimes and the people start to finally rise up:/

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Left wing Right wing same fawkin bird, Definition of insanity electing different criminals in the hopes for a better outcome. When is enough gonna be enough with "Defacto" regimes and the people start to finally rise up:/

Not going to happen. The people in control have studied thousands of years of uprisings and fine-tuned the current system to keep the 'go along with it' factor stronger than the 'break it down' factor. They've done a real good job this time. It's going their way, and will continue to for our lifetimes.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So very sad, those who tend to forget history are deemed to repeat it. imagine if you will.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If furnace oil is primarily in eastern Canada then all of a sudden it will be exempt from tax.
There's lots around sicamous, revy

We don't have natural gas, so it's power, propane, or oil heat

Hence all the wood and pellet stoves around here

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's lots around sicamous, revy

We don't have natural gas, so it's power, propane, or oil heat

Hence all the wood and pellet stoves around here

I have to wonder if wood burning appliances will be outlawed.....no way to tax the heat or CO2 they produce....

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure - wood stove police ! You have to change the terminology to biofuel then it’s all good and fits the green agenda.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So we all need to convince the east people and the people of the far west not to vote for Trudy or Jagmeet next time, and hopefully the new government wakes up. How can Trudy be so much of an a$$hole, people are broke and will be broke for years to come due to this Covid crap. Now the libtards are planning all the tax grabs they can get to suck all Canadians dry. The carbon tax has raised prices all across the board, and as this increases we will be all hit with the bills. Guess trust fund boy needs to a hit of reality. [h=2][/h]

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going to happen. The people in control have studied thousands of years of uprisings and fine-tuned the current system to keep the 'go along with it' factor stronger than the 'break it down' factor. They've done a real good job this time. It's going their way, and will continue to for our lifetimes.

I pray you're wrong, but I fear you're right. :cray:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to wonder if wood burning appliances will be outlawed.....no way to tax the heat or CO2 they produce....

Heard talk about that months ago.

Not sure that will happen, lots of wood stoves in Ontario, Quebec, and the Maritimes. Can't p!ss off his supporters.

Generally it's believed wood burning is carbon neutral, not sure how they'd tax it anyway, if anything I see wood heating making a big resurgence. Even if they do try to tax it I'm sure I can locate a source of "tax free" wood for my stove.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe they have added a building tax or property tax on your home in the lower mainland if u have any woodstoves or fireplaces

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was always under the impression you had to get a permit to cut on crown land but it was free.

Top Bottom