Carbon tax to increase to $170/tonne by 2030

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Free in BC, and you print the form yourself off the internet then fill it out however you like. Nobody from government ever sees it or approves it. I keep a handful of them in my truck. Completely pointless! I do know guys that have been asked for it while out cutting wood though.

Same idea here, print it off from online, good for one month and a 5 cubic meters (~1.5 cords). Of course there is the $5.25 permit fee.

But same here, don't have to submit it once done, just need it in case you are stopped.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we have an oil furnace in our shop at work. Big shop.13500 sq'. We have been getting used engine oil where ever we can and have cleaned up all we could get.

Today we got 8000 liters from a company that recycles engine oil etc.

Keep in mind this is used oil that we are recycling!
We paid .10cents per liter for it. Not bad I thought. Will get us through the rest of the winter.
Listed on the invoice was the carbon tax as well

Oil $800.00
C tax $644.00

I knew it would be some but wasn't expecting that much greed from our government.

Still beets natural gas at about $2500 a month though.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we have an oil furnace in our shop at work. Big shop.13500 sq'. We have been getting used engine oil where ever we can and have cleaned up all we could get.

We paid .10cents per liter for it. Not bad I thought. Will get us through the rest of the winter.

Oil $800.00
C tax $644.00

I knew it would be some but wasn't expecting that much greed from our government.

I think you need to have a discussion with whoever you buy the used oil from, why would anyone want to charge a carbon tax? Selling used oil there's a million ways around it.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oil $800.00
C tax $644.00

Umm, we used to get our used oil for free from people needing to get ride of it, we would also burn from our service work.. You having to pay seems rather odd,.. does no one give away used oil there?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm, we used to get our used oil for free from people needing to get ride of it, we would also burn from our service work.. You having to pay seems rather odd,.. does no one give away used oil there?
We have gotten quite a bit for free from places around town and farmer friends. Just not as many oil changes going on with less traffic in the area

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't pay carbon tax on lubricating oil, as it's not intended to be used as a fuel, so tax isn't being paid twice.

But surely there's a way to get the oil without the tax. My understanding is farmers are carbon tax exempt. I think you just need to put a farm sticker on the tank, that ought to do it. At least it works for all the farmer's wives and their fancy Escalades and BMWs that must be "farm vehicles".

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't pay carbon tax on lubricating oil, as it's not intended to be used as a fuel, so tax isn't being paid twice.

But surely there's a way to get the oil without the tax. My understanding is farmers are carbon tax exempt. I think you just need to put a farm sticker on the tank, that ought to do it. At least it works for all the farmer's wives and their fancy Escalades and BMWs that must be "farm vehicles".

Funny how that works isn’t it? Wonder if they’re burning purple fuel too ?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A farmer around lloydminster told me 2 falls ago when tax first came in that he spent $6000.00 in tax to dry grain that fall.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe farmers are exempt from carbon tax. The ones I know are not happy to see these increases. One says he pays quite a bit of carbon tax just to dry his grain. Snopro can maybe chime in

The carbon tax exemption doesn't apply to road vehicles, technically, but who's going to know if the fuel went into a tractor or the Escalade? The fuel dye won't be an indicator as long as the plate has the green farm sticker, which most do.

"Gasoline and light fuel oil delivered to farms for use in farming activities is eligible for an exemption from the fuel levy in all provinces.

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) says the exemption applies to fuel used in farm trucks or tractors, vehicles not licensed for public roads, and industrial machines or engines. It does not apply to fuel used in personal vehicles or for heating buildings."

https://www.ccga.ca/hub/Pages/Carbo... (CRA) says,vehicles or for heating buildings.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's ok people. Geez didnt you get the memo? You'll own nothing by 2030 anyway as per your fearless cuck of a leader Trudeau

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the rapid pace of technology the real question is WHY would you want to burn used oil in 2030?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A farmer around lloydminster told me 2 falls ago when tax first came in that he spent $6000.00 in tax to dry grain that fall.
There were guys on the news in the fall of 2019 when we had that late harvest that were over $10,000 in carbon taxes on grain drying. I remember seeing that on the news. Its all relative to how much grain they have to dry as well. Farmers should be exempt 100% for the simple fact they are carbon negative. The whole program is a sham. The Turd says people will get more back than they pay with his program. Are people really that stupid??

Top Bottom