Breaking News 1.1.11 New RZR Released.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uumm...yeah..the new rzr looks pretty sweet. I think Can am kinda pooped the bed on the sxs market. lol :d:beer::d

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have one of these new 900 xp's or have they just been released and not available to the public yet?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are on the trails in the US ,but won`t show up here till Feb some time....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Icanam ,I think the commander is a sweet ride ,but not a sport performance utv like the rzr s and xp. The long travel and ride put the rzr in a class of it`s own.....imo.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol @ you guys calling down each others manufactures.

I'm pretty sure Ive seen basically any motorized vehicle break down with enough abuse.

unless the motor is Air cooled , you plug the rad up and its going to over heat its a pretty simple concept clean the rad or it over heats 1 core triple core it doesn't mater .

calling down Grizzly 660 motors because they over heat? are you on drugs or just plain stupid.

the gas boiling was a design flaw the tank is gravity feed and was sitting directly 2 inches above the head of the motor with no shielding.

they did not redesign anything they just put some heat shielding on the new units and recalled the old units and i have not once had boiling gas on my 07.

Ive BOGGED my Grizzly Hard as you can bog a atv aka over the handle bars in muddy water and Ive had it show me a temp light 1 time in the last 5 years not to say it isn't a pain in the freaking ass to clean it but when its clean your not going to be over heating.

Any freaking OHV will do that if you plug the rad with mud and let it dry.

the only thing that might possibly save other manufactures is rad placement via protection and easier cleaning it has nothing to do with motors.

But don't get me started on manufactures because they should have pop out Grills on every single ATV made so you can See and easily wash your rad after every single ride imho i should not have to remove plastics to see my rad EVER.
============================
back on topic

Dirt Wheels reviews were giving Rzr S better lap times than the 1000 Commander Due to handling if some don't know Same Driver and average laps over x amount of laps on each and Rzr 800 pulled off faster laps.

The Commander is a high powered tank goes like snot in a strait line.

But so what? these are OHV and whats 5 seconds lap time difference in the woods or when hunting unless your into racing people down the road like morons.

Some of you peeps need to go buy race cars or something because it seems people have lost the point of OFF ROAD VEHICLES.

you know .. to go places cars/trucks cant go and stuff.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol @ you guys calling down each others manufactures.

I'm pretty sure Ive seen basically any motorized vehicle break down with enough abuse.

unless the motor is Air cooled , you plug the rad up and its going to over heat its a pretty simple concept clean the rad or it over heats 1 core triple core it doesn't mater .

calling down Grizzly 660 motors because they over heat? are you on drugs or just plain stupid.

the gas boiling was a design flaw the tank is gravity feed and was sitting directly 2 inches above the head of the motor with no shielding.

they did not redesign anything they just put some heat shielding on the new units and recalled the old units and i have not once had boiling gas on my 07.

Ive BOGGED my Grizzly Hard as you can bog a atv aka over the handle bars in muddy water and Ive had it show me a temp light 1 time in the last 5 years not to say it isn't a pain in the freaking ass to clean it but when its clean your not going to be over heating.

Any freaking OHV will do that if you plug the rad with mud and let it dry.

the only thing that might possibly save other manufactures is rad placement via protection and easier cleaning it has nothing to do with motors.

But don't get me started on manufactures because they should have pop out Grills on every single ATV made so you can See and easily wash your rad after every single ride imho i should not have to remove plastics to see my rad EVER.
============================
back on topic

Dirt Wheels reviews were giving Rzr S better lap times than the 1000 Commander Due to handling if some don't know Same Driver and average laps over x amount of laps on each and Rzr 800 pulled off faster laps.

The Commander is a high powered tank goes like snot in a strait line.

But so what? these are OHV and whats 5 seconds lap time difference in the woods or when hunting unless your into racing people down the road like morons.

Some of you peeps need to go buy race cars or something because it seems people have lost the point of OFF ROAD VEHICLES.

you know .. to go places cars/trucks cant go and stuff.

That`s funny how you put us down for wanting speed & power then spend a small fortune on a big bore kit to get the old grizz to keep up...lol

Who`s the moron....????

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the differences between the rzr "S" and "XP"?

The XP has an all new motor ,diffs,suspension ,frame ,etc. Although it looks like a reg rzr ,most of it is brand new . The motor is the first one by POPO with design help by swiss auto , the company that designed the weber 4 stroke motors . This is a state of the art engine ,that is not anywhere close to the old parallel twins polaris made...

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rzrgade? keep up with who? you guys aren't following me anywhere i go and if you do congrats your using your machines to their extreme limit.

I did the mods to my bike out of pure boredom through the winter I'm a gear head i don't race people and i enjoy playing with it and tuning machines.

speed/power is one thing but when you start comparing what comes out to about 5 seconds difference in lap times its time to call things a draw boys and girls.

i said morons to people saying the yammy motors ran hot lol. i run my motor @ 11.5-1 compression - camed - with intake / exhaust mods and exactly 13.8-1 Air fuel ratios where it runs best which is nearly lean and my motor runs just fine with very respectable exhaust temperatures.

nothing wrong with those engines at all.

Guys doing 686 HC and top end jobs on the 660s have made up words of 75+ reliable HP without stroking them and running them in the desert but yet some reason they run to hot? gimme a break.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XP has an all new motor ,diffs,suspension ,frame ,etc. Although it looks like a reg rzr ,most of it is brand new . The motor is the first one by POPO with design help by swiss auto , the company that designed the weber 4 stroke motors . This is a state of the art engine ,that is not anywhere close to the old parallel twins polaris made...

your right the XP motors are a entirely new monster much better motors they should have been in the razers last year.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rzrgade? keep up with who? you guys aren't following me anywhere i go and if you do congrats your using your machines to their extreme limit.

I did the mods to my bike out of pure boredom through the winter I'm a gear head i don't race people and i enjoy playing with it and tuning machines.

speed/power is one thing but when you start comparing what comes out to about 5 seconds difference in lap times its time to call things a draw boys and girls.

i said morons to people saying the yammy motors ran hot lol. i run my motor @ 11.5-1 compression - camed - with intake / exhaust mods and exactly 13.8-1 Air fuel ratios where it runs best which is nearly lean and my motor runs just fine with very respectable exhaust temperatures.

nothing wrong with those engines at all.

Guys doing 686 HC and top end jobs on the 660s have made up words of 75+ reliable HP without stroking them and running them in the desert but yet some reason they run to hot? gimme a break.

I have no issues with the 660 motor ,if you read the post it was referring too it was more about that motor and rad in the rhino. That motor does not have enough power for the rhino and they used the same rad which is undersized for the rhino ...imo. As far as overheating goes , i agree 100% all overheat if the rad is plugged. But , like you said mounting ,size ,location all have a factor in it. For ex. , the popo quads with the rads down low sucked, mud in it all the time.Where as the rzr rad is up VERY high tilted on an angle and is huge. Another ex. the brute rads ,no better than the grizz but twice as easy to wash out and get to.
Some machines are more prone to heating up more than others is the point i was making, sorry if you misunderstood that. I have owned and ridden enough rzrs to know there strong and weak points. Believe me heating up is not a problem on them. I am a little tired of some people coming on here bashing machines that they do not own, nor have they maintained.

As far as the riding goes ,i don`t read dirt wheels (LOL) I have seat time on the Commander and rzr so this is my opinion based on that.....Nor do i tell people how and where to have fun and what type of riding they should enjoy.

If they want to trail, hunt ,race, dune etc. that is there business, not mine....Cheers. Enjoy the mud.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well im not sure why your even talking crap to me then.

since all your points are in agreeing. the motors are not the problem the rad locations / cleaning ability are the problems.

To all those yamy haters i somewhat agree with you on One fact that yamy motors seem de-tuned , if they were serious they would be spanking everyone with their 660 motors not the 700s they went too at least in the 700 cc category "700s are actually 1 valve missing btw".

The potential in the 660s is quite extensive given a current EFI fueled motor you would have a reliable 60-70hp to over 10,000 km just from top end cleanups ect but they don't even attempt to do any of that.

But that leads us to other motors, many motors given a slight and i do mean slight bit of real quality work provide gobs and gobs of HP our market is totally jacked that way.

take the XP or the commander into consideration .. given real tunning on both machines from the factory most of these engines would gain 10 more hp off the show room floor.

Last edited:

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my point was laughing at people who are such fan boys they will bash other manufactures machines because theirs goes 2mph faster or what ever and come up with basically childish propaganda to support their claims.

personally If it runs good , handles good and goes anywhere i want it to go i'm pretty happy.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The xp 900 muddin and lifted.....

Attachments

• rzr xp lifted.jpg
    rzr xp lifted.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 113
  • xpmud1.jpg
    xpmud1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 111
  • RZR XP MUDDIN.jpg
    RZR XP MUDDIN.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 107
  • rzr900.jpg
    rzr900.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 109

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure like the look of where that rad is AND how accessible it is for cleaning. Also just a comment. I hope the sxs industry doesn't keep getting bigger. Pretty soon we're going to be in jeep territory.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure like the look of where that rad is AND how accessible it is for cleaning. Also just a comment. I hope the sxs industry doesn't keep getting bigger. Pretty soon we're going to be in jeep territory.

I would say we already are

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got to get me one of those just have to convince the wifey that the 800 razor doesn't have enough power for where we ride man that thing would kick azz

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom