Fkn woodpeckers

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you guy have woodpeckers drilling holes in the side of your brand new stucco.
Any ideas that actually work…yes beside a shotgun. Put up some flashy things but I’m interested in the sonic sound things. Anyone use these to get rid of them like to give ‘em a try.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In laws had that fake brick stuff on front of their house and them peckers destroyed it. Now they have put up rock siding

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actual woodpeckers, or flickers? I hate flickers with a passion. And the stupid effing things are protected. Ive heard rumors that it hasn't stopped some people from killing tons of them. ;)

Have heard they are bloody hard to kill with a gun. Text me if you want some unconventional ideas

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actual woodpeckers, or flickers? I hate flickers with a passion. And the stupid effing things are protected. Ive heard rumors that it hasn't stopped some people from killing tons of them. ;)

Have heard they are bloody hard to kill with a gun. Text me if you want some unconventional ideas
Those flickers will beat on a tin roof all day every day. they could care less what they beat on and destroy everything

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah flickers! seen one last year when we were building but now all the new stucco is up and they drilled a dozen holes through the foam board. 1.5 inch hole everywhere.
2-3 of them around and protected or not I won’t put up with this crap from a bird.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little pecker heads. This is one side but now there on all corners.
IMG_1399.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These ones are pretty accurate and cheap. Will kill the bird, but won't wreck too much stuff lol

1710990136860.png

Shuswaper

Reaction score
Same problem, tried lots of different things but the one that seems to work best are the thin foil finished birthday banners that you can buy at the dollar store, as long as there's a breeze they're waving erratically, rustling and reflecting light. Keep them up all year and put fresh ones up in the spring as they deteriorate over time, looks ridiculous but keeps the flickers away from the end of the house they like to attack.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mylar ribbon or drill a hole through a CD and connect with a fishing swivel and line to hang down

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the fall last year they went after the decorative shakes on the gable ends on my house….looks like Freeflow’s picture except in shakes. I rounded up some CDs and fishing line. Was going to put them up but they moved on. Basically punched 8-10 holes in 2 days, then moved on. The CDs and line are still sitting on my bench in case they return.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they wreck havoc on tin or Hardy board?
Flickers will hammer on anything. They will drill holes in Hardy board the same as stucco. Give them enough time and they will drill through a metal roof as well. I treat them like skeet shooting because they fly away as soon as you show up.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Hillcrest Hotel here had a big problem and they installed giant motion activated spiders that dropped down 😅

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had a customer back in Elkford with cedar siding (a Lindell home). They were through and into the insulation. It was scattered all over the back yard. I got a little creative to patch it up and hung old CD’s with fishing line. Worked like a charm.
My research at the time, led me to believe they hear insects under the siding and their instincts kick in for a meal or two.

Top Bottom