Allison transmission

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The older ones would have issues similar to that when the “PRNDL” module ( neutral safety switch mounted on the side of transmission).They would get wet mud inside them.I am not surd how a guy would troubleshoot that though. Maybe a scanner.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the part# from gm and try Amazon. Last year one our drivers had the same issue with gm. He had an Acdelco module in 2 days and took it to the dealer to get his truck out of their shop.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
called me parts guy he said there are none no where, tranny modules
I`m not saying your parts guy is wrong or lying but I had transmission problems with a 05 jeep and they said there were no synchros for it anywhere. I went on line and found out there were some available out of the states but because it wasn't one of his suppliers he said nothing was available.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could try grounding the the tcm body with a jumper cable and see how it responds
when they fail its gereranlly a ground short internally

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you get this figured out?
Took ot to gm dealer yesterday to Scan as it finally had a check engine light show up when I moved it on the weekend. It is tcm. When tcm fails it will mess with stabilitrak as well. Still no clue when parts will be available but got a definite confirmation now. It defaults to 3rd gear and stays there so it's parked I guess. 😭

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took ot to gm dealer yesterday to Scan as it finally had a check engine light show up when I moved it on the weekend. It is tcm. When tcm fails it will mess with stabilitrak as well. Still no clue when parts will be available but got a definite confirmation now. It defaults to 3rd gear and stays there so it's parked I guess. 😭

get a used TCM,
youll be on road in no time. Prolly 500 bucks from a wrecker

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that is unfortunate hopefully you can find one soon.

Have you thought about getting it rebuilt?

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took ot to gm dealer yesterday to Scan as it finally had a check engine light show up when I moved it on the weekend. It is tcm. When tcm fails it will mess with stabilitrak as well. Still no clue when parts will be available but got a definite confirmation now. It defaults to 3rd gear and stays there so it's parked I guess.
Unfortunately, there's none around , friggin covid and chips

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's none around , friggin covid and chips

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
Yup. It sucks. Son saw an ad on fb a guy trying to sell one. Was no good comments so another guy trying to sell something that is junk and capitalise on it. He was trying to get a bidding war going. Fawk him. I will wait then I have warranty.

I know the parts girl at local Gm dealer and I went there yesterday and leaned on counter and put my chin on my hands and she asked what I needed. I said just waiting for my parts. She said nothing yet. I said .. I'll wait. She says you be waiting awhile. I asked if she had coffee. She said you are going to need a fawking pillow. 🤣🤣🤣

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try putting a jumper cable clamp on the tcm and grounding to frame I did this and my truck ran fine til i located a replacement

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a wrecker that has access to other wrecker inventories? They can usually search Canada wide for parts.

Top Bottom