Breaking News 1.1.11 New RZR Released.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For all you guys with deposits on commanders , you might wanna try and get your deposit back . This is gonna be sick.....

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is true that an efi 950 engine is available I may just have to upgrade again....:p

Wife won't be happy. Maybe if the RZR4 still looks close to identical of the Robby Gordon version I have now maybe she wouldn't be none the wiser....:rolleyes:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went on the web site there not spilling the beans yet :( i hope its a 950cc would be killer

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New for 2011

The soon to be released 2011 model lineup is sure to shock the current ATV and UTV industry. When Polaris Industries introduced the Ranger RZR model in 2008, they changed the way side by side vehicles were perceived. No longer were they just considered farm implements or job site work vehicle, they brought the "Sport" aspect to the market. Once again they are changing the market for 2011 with their new RZR lineup. Polaris is carrying over the names and models from the 2010 model year, but each model is getting a few substantial changes due to more competition from other manufacturers.

The 2011 standard RZR will still be 50" trail compliant, but it will be getting upgrades in a few departments. There will be 3 motor choices for the 2011 RZR, an EFI 500cc twin cylinder will be offered with a base price of $6799.

This new economy based RZR is for the owner who wants a sporty side by side but doesn't want the high price that comes along with one. The 800 H.O. engine will be the standard motor in the new RZR, which is carried over from the previous model year RZR-S.

And an all new EFI 950 (941cc) twin cylinder power plant will be available in the spring of 2011 for the Limited Edition and Special edition RZR's (pricing is TBD).

All of the 2011 RZR's feature an all new frame, which is 6" longer than the previous models to accommodate the new engine choices. Polaris engineers boast that the new frame is 60% stronger than the previous models. The 2011 Polaris RZR-S, and RZR-4 share the option of the 950 engine along with the SE and LE RZR's, along with the 800 H.O. engine from previous model years.

The suspension travel is increased to 14" on both models due to a new trailing arm setup in the rear, and longer A arms in the front. All 2011 RZR models will have a ROPS certified roll cage made from 1 3/4" chromoly tubing, along with 4 point racing harness style restraints. A few cosmetic changes are evident on all new models which include new styled plastic fenders, a redesigned roll cage, and a more aggressive styled front end.

The new Polaris 950 engine is going to be used in multiple platforms, from the Ranger RZR models to the new 3 wheel "Striker" road bike, which will be released in the summer of 2010. The 950 engine is rated at an impressive 97 horsepower and 76 ft-lbs of torque."
Read more at If this true was reading RZR 2011 info new engine 950cc & MORE INFO! - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New for 2011

The soon to be released 2011 model lineup is sure to shock the current ATV and UTV industry. When Polaris Industries introduced the Ranger RZR model in 2008, they changed the way side by side vehicles were perceived. No longer were they just considered farm implements or job site work vehicle, they brought the "Sport" aspect to the market. Once again they are changing the market for 2011 with their new RZR lineup. Polaris is carrying over the names and models from the 2010 model year, but each model is getting a few substantial changes due to more competition from other manufacturers.

The 2011 standard RZR will still be 50" trail compliant, but it will be getting upgrades in a few departments. There will be 3 motor choices for the 2011 RZR, an EFI 500cc twin cylinder will be offered with a base price of $6799.

This new economy based RZR is for the owner who wants a sporty side by side but doesn't want the high price that comes along with one. The 800 H.O. engine will be the standard motor in the new RZR, which is carried over from the previous model year RZR-S.

And an all new EFI 950 (941cc) twin cylinder power plant will be available in the spring of 2011 for the Limited Edition and Special edition RZR's (pricing is TBD).

All of the 2011 RZR's feature an all new frame, which is 6" longer than the previous models to accommodate the new engine choices. Polaris engineers boast that the new frame is 60% stronger than the previous models. The 2011 Polaris RZR-S, and RZR-4 share the option of the 950 engine along with the SE and LE RZR's, along with the 800 H.O. engine from previous model years.

The suspension travel is increased to 14" on both models due to a new trailing arm setup in the rear, and longer A arms in the front. All 2011 RZR models will have a ROPS certified roll cage made from 1 3/4" chromoly tubing, along with 4 point racing harness style restraints. A few cosmetic changes are evident on all new models which include new styled plastic fenders, a redesigned roll cage, and a more aggressive styled front end.

The new Polaris 950 engine is going to be used in multiple platforms, from the Ranger RZR models to the new 3 wheel "Striker" road bike, which will be released in the summer of 2010. The 950 engine is rated at an impressive 97 horsepower and 76 ft-lbs of torque."
Read more at If this true was reading RZR 2011 info new engine 950cc & MORE INFO! - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

None of that is true, some guy made it up. The 1.1.11 is true go to the polaris website for more info. They have a countdown clock on there.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will it come in pink?????

Attachments

• 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,016

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt that the rzr gets a bigger engine. Polaris is on a role, the rzr was king when it came out and in my opinion the 850 was king when it came out(now we need a true mud machine) so they need to put the rzr back on top. I personaly hope it kicks the chit out of the new comander. DOWN WITH BRP.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this adds up to is an extra 50 or so pounds of dead weight that my Rhino will end up towing back to camp.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this adds up to is an extra 50 or so pounds of dead weight that my Rhino will end up towing back to camp.

HA HA unfortunatly i have seen more rhinos get towed back. 50 more pounds on rzr is still less than a rhino,camander,tyrex,prowler. we will just have to wait till 1.1.11 to see what really comes out but i am sure it will be great.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hope they don`t add the 50 lbs because your rhino can hardly spin its tires in mud now , so there is no way in hell you could pull 50 more pounds !!!
One day yamaha might bump up the power though ,I can see a new rhino with 30 rwhp some day , think you could handle it ?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I know Rhino's are underpowered...I have no illusions about that. But I stand by the fact that a 40 horsepower Yamaha will still move quicker than a 1-2 humanpower Polaris after one of the critical components which was made by the lowest bidder and then assembled by some lazy union worker on a friday afternoon conks out. In essence: A big, loud, flashy, expensive Fisher Price toy...you couldn't pay me to own one. Just my opinion...I'm not trying to change anyone else's.

Polaris: The Way Out, just not the way back.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told when i bought my 2010 that when they update the rzr they will probably put the 850 in it. which would be almost 20 hp difference. If that happens i might have to buy a turbo kit for the 2010. espeacially if they put a 950 in it like you guys are saying! LOL

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I do is tell the wife her pink rzr won't make it..

It ticks her off and watch out and see the places it goes..:eek:

racerfromhell

Reaction score
It's just the rzr. I like how narrow it is, for the tight trails.

I hear ya ....:d I bought the RZR (not the S) just for the fact it will go places that the S won't. It also fits in the back of a half ton....no need for a trailer. But if the new rzr has 97 ponies....:eek:..crap.....i'm going to have to get a turbo or something....no subsitute for horsepower:woohoo1:

Top Bottom