Breaking News 1.1.11 New RZR Released.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never ever had to pull a honda out of the bush ,come to think of it i have never seen a honda in the bush.......

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
The rhino was first built as a lightweight high mobility vehicle for the US military in 2001. It wasn't released to the public for recreational use until 2003. The grizzly 660 was released as a 2002 model at the same time the rhino was first built, 2001. The raptor 660 was also released in 2001. Hence the engine was designed with multiple uses in mind right from the beginning. Sorry, please try again.

And it now appears that polaris has that military contract and has for the past several years. jus sayin :d

van isle

Reaction score
I believe the only reason that Honda and Yamaha are not being more competitive is they are still making adecent return on next to no new money needed to be invested.

Also the fact the Atv and more so the Bike market is shrinking so fast the idea of spending large money to fight over a ever shrinking market does not make sence to them. Instead the focus on place where the larger company can make money. Such as Yamaha making the motor for the Lexus L-FA they may not make a lot of them but i bet Toyota is paying alot for each one.

Unlike polaris who now can claim they have a Faster UTV the canam. wooooo

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it now appears that polaris has that military contract and has for the past several years. jus sayin :d

I'm sure the military wanted to use Polaris in the first place as they always give preference to domestic suppliers. Yamaha had the contract first because they were able to come up with a working prototype quickly since everything is built in house unlike polaris who has to outsource most of it's components. True they have the contract now, no arguments there. It only took them 4 or five years to catch up...

racerfromhell

Reaction score
The rhino was first built as a lightweight high mobility vehicle for the US military in 2001. It wasn't released to the public for recreational use until 2003. The grizzly 660 was released as a 2002 model at the same time the rhino was first built, 2001. The raptor 660 was also released in 2001. Hence the engine was designed with multiple uses in mind right from the beginning. Sorry, please try again.

So the Rino was never built to be a rec. utv.....Yamaha decied that it didn't work for the military so they decieded to sell it to the public instead???? sounds to me that they were just tring to cover the cost involved when it floped for the intended design......just saying....:rolleyes:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets get real about the rhino...The 660 grizzly heats up more than any other quad ever made,it boils gas....lol.Thats why yamaha made a retro vent kit for it,that`s why most 660`s you see on the trail are riding with out half there plastic... The rad is too small.Then they cover it up.
So if that isn`t bad enough, they put that combo into a 1300 lb s/s . Individual engineering my a@#, give me a break!!!! It never worked in the Grizzly ,so let`s put it in the S/S . You can`t ride the rhino on a warm day ,never mind in the dessert.....lol
You make out your yamaha`s are so great .How many threads do you see on RZR`s overheating .....?
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f133/09-rhino-700-overheating-32055.html

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no one post about rzrs over heating because it would be yet anthor problem in a long list of polaris problems just like there sportsmans over heating all the time( have owned two and would never but one again). like i said before by borther has one and his has over heated a hand full of times as well as a buddy of his thats two i know of for sure just saying....

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you hard of reading were it also said about the 2 RZR overheating as well

LOL, I can't believe I'm defending polaris here but I've had mine almost 3 seasons and have only had it read "Hot" once this past fall when going through a 5km stretch of skeg at high speed the whole way and the only reason it did was cause I hadn't cleaned the rad.
As for the older sportsmans, I agree and have seen many overheat but it was more due to a pore rad location, the new xp's have fixed that it seems.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest ,frankly i am struggling with your grammar.
This post is about the new RZR 900 , if you hate them and think they are useless, why do you continue to read it and comment . Why not go to the honda section and talk about your 420 ?

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey dudes!! I have a question...as I don't want to read this whole thread all the way back to the beginning...Did Polaris end up making a 900 rzr? I haven't seen or read of it anywhere... Thanks..and try not to tear echother apart...lol :d:beer::d

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:alol2:
To be honest ,frankly i am struggling with your grammar.
This post is about the new RZR 900 , if you hate them and think they are useless, why do you continue to read it and comment . Why not go to the honda section and talk about your 420 ?

because it funny u seem to have your panties in a bunch:d

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey dudes!! I have a question...as I don't want to read this whole thread all the way back to the beginning...Did Polaris end up making a 900 rzr? I haven't seen or read of it anywhere... Thanks..and try not to tear echother apart...lol :d:beer::d

Yeah they did, it sucked so i bought a honda.....;)They brought out a high performance rzr 900. It is the fastest s/s available as of now.Lots of pics on the popo website.....

Top Bottom