BC insurance (comprehensive / perils / theft)

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a search but most insurance threads seem to focus on liability insurance / requirement

I'm probably going to insure my XM for comprehensive / theft coverage

So far I've heard about Capri insurance .. any other underwriters you guys dealt with mainly for perils / theft ?

Couldn't have cared less on my previous machines but I don't want to sit there crying if my $15,000 sled gets jacked or decides to go for a trip down a cliff into never ever land.

BLEIB

Reaction score
Check these guys out. . I'm not affiliated... Just bought a fire/theft policy for one of my sleds. Reasonably priced too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Capri is the underwriter for BCSF membership clubs and OpenSkies is for the ABCSnow group of clubs and members.

Discounts apply to members of the various provincial organizations and from the early literature it appears that the ABCSnow group has the cheapest liability insurance. Not sure of the comp/fire/theft as I do not carry insurance other than liability.

Stupid maybe but I hate the taxes......................

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you guys being quoted for comprehensive? I was quoted by my insurance dealer $700 for a full year. Not sure with which company. They also quoted $750 with ICBC for 5 months. ICBC can go fornicate themselves.

BLEIB

Reaction score
Happy to share. I live in Saskatchewan and I insured my 2012 Pro RMK 800 with Sask Gov Insurance and I have another sled - 2007 RMK 600 insured through Openskies Insurance.

Looking at the numbers on the newer sled:

Policy includes: Collision, Comprehensive, and Third Party Liability up to $300K with a $700 deductible cost me $439 for the full year. My insured value is $12,500, but I believe any total loss would be a partial payout. I just signed again for my second year - that will be the last year with comprehensive for me, just fire and theft moving forward. Much, much cheaper!

I tried to run the numbers through Openskies for this same sled with the same coverage, but there is no apples to apples comparison. Try out their Price Calculator with different scenarios and you should have some comparitive pricing that more in line for you.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've used Capri for the past couple years. Insuring new sleds, value approx. 12,000. We get comprehensive, not the all perils, and we add trail star. Runs 450ish per year per sled. Get a discount with your BCSF membership that is well worth the cost of membership. If you belong to a local club and pay membership then you should be also registered with the BCSF.

Top Bottom