Insurance Does it really Matter???

Stumpy

Reaction score
Re: Insurance for sleds or recreational toys

Hi my name is Brad "Stumpy" I'm A Insurance Brokerage Owner In Edmonton

Here is some quick answers to common questions ???

1) you need collision coverage on sleds ,quads etc if you want coverage for any collision if on a trailer or on the snow or trails .

2) comprehensive is insured perils like fire and theft , vandilism , windstorm etc 13 perils in all

3) PLPD is liabilty cover which is usually paired with AB (Accident benefits ) most brokers will add sef 44 which is family protection endorsement to complete plpd only

This is usually the mandatory coverage in most provinces ,also usually require registration of said toy as well

HERE IS SOME OTHER NEWS

It is very important to disclose to any insurance company or broker if sled ,quads or any recreational vehicle is modified altered or excessive accessories ie )tires chips turbo's etc due to values not being recovereable in claims even after policy in force as thats when most of us modify or add the accessories to our toys .

This is due to the fact some companies will decline any coverge at all in some claims as non-disclosed to them values and mods as they wouldnt insure the item anyway ,or settle the claim for way less then you would expect ,but if they dont know about it how can they help you.

Oh yeah the most important thing most Insurance people don't understand the SPORT We love and breathe, and the money will will spend on our toys !!!!

Also Insurance is Risk Management Think about this if recreational toys are under your Auto policy is your buddy or underage kids and or friends covered ,most likely not . If so they may never cover these items again and most likely loose discount on your AUTO policies .

The best answer is be honest and get the right coverage ,take it from me I have lost a leg on a sled ,and have had a few stolen , before I was a owner and an insurance broker and my claims were paid out with the modifications and values insured for .

I personally keep all my recreational toys off my auto policy on a seperate policy and my friends and underage kids will be covered without any problems ,but the catch is I pay a little more for that security,USUALLY THROUGH A FACILTY CARRIER .

Thanks for listening :):)

Oh yeah hope I can meet some of you around Spruce Grove ,Stony Plain area as moved to that end of the world and need riding partners please respond tired of wife and kids just kidding !!!!!!!

P.S DARSON INSURANCE IS A SUPPORTING VENDOR ON THIS SITE PLEASE CALL ME IF ANY QUESTIONS AS I DO EVERYTHING & ADVICE IS FREE AND SO ARE QUOTES

HOME AUTO RECREATIONAL BUSINESS COMMERCIAL TRAVEL INSURANCE

780-452-7272 EMAIL bguignion@darsonins,com

LINK TO CONTACT Darson Insurance Services - Edmonton, AB - (780) 452-7272 - T5S 2H1 | Canpages

Last edited:

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to see other kinds of businesses on here, tough question, what kind of insurance is offered for those that may race? Bikes, quads, sleds... Medical or lost wages. Any of that.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Does insurance really matter???? Maybe this picture will sway you>?

Attachments

• 670 SUMMIT3.jpg
    670 SUMMIT3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 124

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Insurance for sleds or recreational toys

Hi my name is Brad "Stumpy" I'm A Insurance Brokerage Owner In Edmonton

Here is some quick answers to common questions ???

1) you need collision coverage on sleds ,quads etc if you want coverage for any collision if on a trailer or on the snow or trails .

2) comprehensive is insured perils like fire and theft , vandilism , windstorm etc 13 perils in all

3) PLPD is liabilty cover which is usually paired with AB (Accident benefits ) most brokers will add sef 44 which is family protection endorsement to complete plpd only

This is usually the mandatory coverage in most provinces ,also usually require registration of said toy as well

HERE IS SOME OTHER NEWS

It is very important to disclose to any insurance company or broker if sled ,quads or any recreational vehicle is modified altered or excessive accessories ie )tires chips turbo's etc due to values not being recovereable in claims even after policy in force as thats when most of us modify or add the accessories to our toys .

This is due to the fact some companies will decline any coverge at all in some claims as non-disclosed to them values and mods as they wouldnt insure the item anyway ,or settle the claim for way less then you would expect ,but if they dont know about it how can they help you.

Oh yeah the most important thing most Insurance people don't understand the SPORT We love and breathe, and the money will will spend on our toys !!!!

Also Insurance is Risk Management Think about this if recreational toys are under your Auto policy is your buddy or underage kids and or friends covered ,most likely not . If so they may never cover these items again and most likely loose discount on your AUTO policies .

The best answer is be honest and get the right coverage ,take it from me I have lost a leg on a sled ,and have had a few stolen , before I was a owner and an insurance broker and my claims were paid out with the modifications and values insured for .

I personally keep all my recreational toys off my auto policy on a seperate policy and my friends and underage kids will be covered without any problems ,but the catch is I pay a little more for that security,USUALLY THROUGH A FACILTY CARRIER .

Thanks for listening :):)

Oh yeah hope I can meet some of you around Spruce Grove ,Stony Plain area as moved to that end of the world and need riding partners please respond tired of wife and kids just kidding !!!!!!!

P.S DARSON INSURANCE IS A SUPPORTING VENDOR ON THIS SITE PLEASE CALL ME IF ANY QUESTIONS AS I DO EVERYTHING & ADVICE IS FREE AND SO ARE QUOTES

HOME AUTO RECREATIONAL BUSINESS COMMERCIAL TRAVEL INSURANCE

780-452-7272 EMAIL bguignion@darsonins,com

LINK TO CONTACT Darson Insurance Services - Edmonton, AB - (780) 452-7272 - T5S 2H1 | Canpages
how about a stand alone quote on a 2009 yamaha nytro mtx 153, paid 10 grand for it* want fire,theft collision. no mods.

Top Bottom