Good insurance?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my renewal in the mail today and not very pleased. My insurance went up, 1 minor ticket 2 years ago that didn't affect anything, zero claims and 4 years with ING (or whatever they changed their name to this week) and they raise my rates :rant:

Anyone know something better? My total premium for my truck is $3179, last year it was $3139. It's not a lot, but I figured everything would drop a bit, and lower my whole thing like $300 or so it usually does. 3rd year with collision, same truck and it jumped to more then the first year, collision itself jumped over 25%. This doesn't seem right to me? My bros renewal a few months ago his dropped a ton, he has 2 years of driving on me, but I don't see why his should drop and mine go up :confused:

And I am sick of my broker. Everytime I phone or go in there I am dealing with someone new and they tell me something different. I found out recently that they might not even cover my truck for collision because of my lift, I asked the previous person THREE times and said it was no problem, and that I didn't need to tell them, but now they told me there is a height restriction, and I need to add extra coverage, and give them pictures and reciepts or it's not covered. And I found out later that one of my old sleds didn't even have thief on it, because they wouldn't put thief on it :rolleyes:

Anyone? It would be nice to find a better rate, but I mostly want to find someone that will tell me the RIGHT things, because if something happened to my truck and they refused to pay there would be some big problems....

If it matters i'm 20, been driving for 4 years and the truck is a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all the younger crowd is getting hammered so join the crowd. I personaly dont think it is fair but as we all know this Pr!cks can do what they want and they are doing it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all the younger crowd is getting hammered so join the crowd. I personaly dont think it is fair but as we all know this Pr!cks can do what they want and they are doing it.

Yea I know, but the thing I don't get is why is this year so much different? Last year mine dropped pretty good. And my bro has a very similar truck, and only 2 years driving on me and he pays about $70/month less then me, and he has only had collision for 1 year.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I pay 1783 per year for my 2001 Explorer Sport Trac (full coverage) and my 2007 Arctic Cat Quad.

I am thru AXA, my broker is Western Financial Group (Coridor Agencies) in Spruce Grove

I guess I should say too I'm only 25

Last edited:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sucks to be in that age group. That is an outragous amount for a truck only. My truck, wife's minivan, quad, sled, house do not add up to that much and they are fully covered no glass. If you are married/ common-law or have a child that may help you, but you have to let them know. Truck is an 06, van is 07, quad 06, sled 96. I was at ING but switched over to TD Insurance. Good luck and drive safe.:d

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My policy for a 06 & 07 Ford fusions, 02 Gmc, enclosed sled trailer, ski doo double trailer, 08 sled w/collision, 99 Polaris sled and 06 quad is $2,797.00 allot less than you are paying but I think it is more than enough. Wawanesa but I may be a old fart with no tickets and clean record. I would hate to be a 20 year old agaign.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing like that here, and the discount doesn't make it worth it :p Yea the rates are insane, I was just happy each year it was dropping quite a bit. Even for full coverage on my sled, they want $700/year, they barely even wanted to insure it because it's a 1000. Yea I hate my age, get raped for everything. My truck loan is 8.88% :rolleyes:

I am just going to have to look around this year, and find a good broker. Curious though, when did you guys see your rates start dropping like crazy? Because i'd bet for anyone older my truck would be like $1,200/yr? Just wondering when I will stop getting screwed :(

I just found out, my bro whos 22 pays 170/month for his 06 dodge 3500, I pay an extra $100/month :eek:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're going to be hooped until you are 25.
In the interim, check your coverage and bump up your collision deductible to $1G and go to a $250 Comp w/o the 13D option for Glass.
Find out if a driving course will drop any points. The $120 or so may be worth the saving in mos'ly premium.
Good luck

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was with wawanesa...untill today. I bank with RBC. They have insurance. I called and saved $700 per year. 1-877-749-7224. the only bad part is that my wife told me to make the call last year:realmad:

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyle, look into what Wawanesa may have to offer. I have been with them now for 11 years. My rates are the lowest among all of my friends and they have never jack me around. Any Claims that we haved has been handle very quickly.

Pm me and I can give you the broker # that i am with.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're going to be hooped until you are 25.
In the interim, check your coverage and bump up your collision deductible to $1G and go to a $250 Comp w/o the 13D option for Glass.
Find out if a driving course will drop any points. The $120 or so may be worth the saving in mos'ly premium.
Good luck

My collision deductable is already $1000. I was looking at bumping it to $5,000 but it would barely save me anything. Comp is $250 also, and no extra things like glass. Couldn't possibly get anything else out without risking coverage.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about 7500 a year for my truck if it was in my name I found that out just before I bought so I put it under my gf......3500 with her!:d....600 a year for my sled, was 500 untill I crashed that

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what else to suggest off hand, except talk with your Broker and have them shop you around.
I can relate, my son is 19 and paying about the same as you w/clean abstract. His went up as well this year and he's through Aviva.
$5G is a pretty high deductible, especially if you end with an at fault and you're paying.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what else to suggest off hand, except talk with your Broker and have them shop you around.
I can relate, my son is 19 and paying about the same as you w/clean abstract. His went up as well this year and he's through Aviva.
$5G is a pretty high deductible, especially if you end with an at fault and you're paying.

The second my truck is payed for collision is coming off. There is almost no way I would ever use it. If I ever got in a accident that was my fault I would fix my truck myself or pay it out of my pocket, insurance will rape you if you make a claim, that is why I don't care what the deductable is. The only situation is if the fault is undecided and were you pay your deductable for your insurance to go after theres, but it is pretty unlikely.

Yea i'm going to shop around, thanks for the ideas.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screw the insurance %8.8 on a loan...my god man thats heavy! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm in the 40 something group...07 Duramax...02 Trailblazer...04 Sled $1900/year no ticky, no crashy...Economical Group.

Yea it's a long story but I got screwed bad buying my truck. It is absolutely crazy considering my credit card interest rate is 7.2% :rolleyes: First and last time I ever deal with Chrylser in any form again.

And the crappy part is i'm in school so i've got student loans basicly making a lot of my payments so even more interest. O well it's only money :p Atleast i'm done next spring and can finally start making some decent coin to get rid of my debt.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
found a loop hole with my kids insurance but he still lives at home , put pl/pd and comp on my old bronco under his name , insured his truck under my name with full coverage , so if he has an accident with his under my insurance it only affects his insurance , should save you at least a couple grand a year if thats an option for you:d

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am gonna go ut there and say AMA, yep pay for this pay for that , but in the end i i happy , 08 ram, 01 ram , the mini van, 08 street bike , 09 sled and 97 lead sled and i dont pay over 3500 a year and the are full cover. and an added plus i get to lock my keys in my truck 5 times a year for free.:eek:

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife deals with insurance companies on a daily basis. Her experience is that *NG is the last insurance company she would ever use. If you are ever injured in a mva prepare to fight for your rights. She managed to sick the Alberta govt after them and even had legislation changed.

We insure and register
House
Duramax
Tacoma
Sv650
KTM400
KTM250
Summit 800
Summit 800x

I think she draws the line at the airplane I want.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my Sister and my best friend work in the ins. business, and they say that it is retarded what they charge people..... If I had to pay the rates they are asking I would be broke..... Good thing we get a bit of a break from my wifes work on Ins. rates from the Co-operators..

2009 F350
2005 Mustang GT
2004 Mavda 6
2008 Four winns
2003 Mountain Cat
2000 Grizzly
House,

I think we pay around $3800.00 a year. With full coverage on everything. I think that is fair.. But I am always looking to save money..

Top Bottom