Any Advice For top End Break In?

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had the top end of my 2004 800 Rev redone. Any advice on how to "properly" break it in? Seems to be a variation opinions with people I talk to.

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always been told 2 things, take it easy for the first while or ride it like you are going to ride it normally. When my motor parts come back and it gets put together I am going to ride it like I stole it ...lol.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i go with riding it like im gonna ride it normally, i do try not to hold the throttle for long periods in the same position but one big thing that i have been taught is whenever i do a new 800r top end i drain injection reservoir and run brp mineral oil just a liter in it for ten start ups letting it come to operating temperature each time then shut it down, i let it completly cool down then i do it again, i also mix 50-1 in the fuel tank for first tank. they say this sets the rings but this is they only thing i do true and true every time.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just did the top end on my 06 was told to break it in like im going to ride it and also what TPower said warm up over and over again for a number of times. this is what i have herd from lots of ppl and from the member on here that rebiult it for me. just dont hold it to the bar for the entire break in...i know, it will be hard

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That pretty much what I've been hearing so must be the way...Cheers:beer:

Top Bottom