Skidoo mxz tek 800 / can’t figure out help

Fullmunchmode

Reaction score
Rebuilt my top end of my 800 got everything back and running smooth/antifreeze started blowing out the overflow found out I had a bad o ring fixed and started right back up. After a few minutes warming up I try throttling out to 4000 plus and it stalls out kind of goes in limp mode with no light on dash.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rebuilt my top end of my 800 got everything back and running smooth/antifreeze started blowing out the overflow found out I had a bad o ring fixed and started right back up. After a few minutes warming up I try throttling out to 4000 plus and it stalls out kind of goes in limp mode with no light on dash.
It was explained to me long ago if you want a good answer you need to ask a good question.

Let's start with a 800 what? Manufacturer, year, FI, carbed etc.

Reason for the rebuild, you were bored, type of failure etc.

Unlikely going into limp mode if there is no check engine.......assuming the ECU is newer & has that ability.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Does it completely stall as in dies or does it just do the stutter like you have a bad dess key? Did you plug the wire into the dess key after you put plastics back on? How about new plugs with proper gap?

Fullmunchmode

Reaction score
Does it completely stall as in dies or does it just do the stutter like you have a bad dess key? Did you plug the wire into the dess key after you put plastics back on? How about new plugs with proper gap?
Yes new plugs and everything is plugged in correctly. Almost stalls out then give it 1/2 choke to keep it running

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Yes new plugs and everything is plugged in correctly. Almost stalls out then give it 1/2 choke to keep it running
Start with fuel delivery if a half choke saves it. Pull your carbs and check bowls for water/crud.

It will idle smooth? If it does then check your mains and needle position. Also I believe those carbs had fuel screws not air screws so check those. Find some stock carb specs for that year and start with everything back to stock.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a friend with the same year or close sled with ab 800 Pteck borrow his ECM module and plug it in and see how sled runs.
If its not the ECM its one of the sesors.
When it gets past this point I take them into the BRP Hospital.

Top Bottom