Problems with 04 polaris prox 800

800proxman

Reaction score
800proxman

Garage
Post Thanks / Like
04 pro x 800 problems
over heat my sled last year after coolent line came off and dumped all the fluid out ,melted the top cylinder o-rings and temp sencor plug fixed it all new o-rings,temp sencor, thermostat . Starts and runs good but temp light comes on and won't go off and sometimes it goes in to limp mode. Went on 5 hour ride first 10 mins light was off got to buddy's house shut it off for 5 mins started it up light came on went into limp mode shut it off started rite back up it was out of limp mode for the rest of the ride but temp light was on the rest of the ride any one have any ideas why the light won't go off thx

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a good sled, love these chassis hope you will fix it.
Did you check the temperature sensor? Replace your temp sensor with another that actually measures temp, and calibrate it between melted and bowling water so you will see how accurate the measurements are.
I install the temp sensors on all my old polaris machines, handy. Drill a hole on panel for a gauge

Last edited:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your wiring from the CDI box had to repair a few of them the wires are frail and break and it was the same problem as you described use a olm meter

Tiny pro-x

Reaction score
did you get all the air out of the system mine I have to roll it on its left side till it burpes out . Sometimes air get trapped in rear cooler hose

Top Bottom