ABS pack group buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has been lots of talk on here recently about the ABS packs and looks like lots of us are looking at getting one. Has anyone thought of or looked into a Snow and Mud group buy?

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would most likely be interested in a group buy, the only thing is I want to go and check out the snowpulse first and then decide.

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has been lots of talk on here recently about the ABS packs and looks like lots of us are looking at getting one. Has anyone thought of or looked into a Snow and Mud group buy?

I was wondering about that as well.If we had a definite number of packs we could hit up a few different vendors for a quote,just a thought

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested as well please keep me informed, does it have to be a ABS or can we chose a snowpulse?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I would also be interested. I contacted Rocky Mountain Extreme awhile back and inquired about getting a discount on 5 packs and they told me basically to go PLEASURE myself :confused: Let me know what you get brewing.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also be interested. I contacted Rocky Mountain Extreme awhile back and inquired about getting a discount on 5 packs and they told me basically to go PLEASURE myself :confused: Let me know what you get brewing.

Yeah, I don't think a group buy will work as there is very little markup in them. someone may want to contact Martin Motorsports as they are one of the bigger dealers. alot of places stopped selling because of the minimal profit.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about contacting the supplier direct. You'd have to have a specific number that you'd want first. I'm thinking any less than 40 and they won't even talk to you.

GRD

Reaction score
What about contacting the supplier direct. You'd have to have a specific number that you'd want first. I'm thinking any less than 40 and they won't even talk to you.

I think this is the only way to get a discount. Like others have said, not much room to move.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be in on picking up 2 packs but would want to go with the other bag not ABS... but the one that protects head and neck as when it deflates it provides more breathing room and keeps the neck trauma to a min I had it on at the snow show and was real impressed

Shifty

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be in on picking up 2 packs but would want to go with the other bag not ABS... but the one that protects head and neck as when it deflates it provides more breathing room and keeps the neck trauma to a min I had it on at the snow show and was real impressed

Shifty

You are talking about the Snowpulse, I think that is the one I would want as well.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also inquired about this on a snow pulse t2 1149.00 if we buy 10 or more its still the same so maby we should contact the supplier directly to see what we can stir up

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would also be interested !!

Local Distributors are,

ABS Packs
Rocky Mountain Xtreme
Head Office, Sales
& Support Center
#30 Alberta Wheat Pool Rd.
Rosedale, Alberta
Canada T0J 2V0

Phone: (403) 823-9977
Fax: (403) 823-4090

SNOWPULSE (Switzerland)

Canada & USA
Avalanche Safety Solutions
Chuck Gorton
Director of Operations
917 10th Ave N, PO Box 991, Golden, BC, V0A 1H0
Toll Free in NA: 888 742-8769
Internationally: 01 250 344-5060
Fax: 250 344-2353
Welcome to Avalanche Safety Solutions
Canadian Powder Adventures | Ski Vacation | BC Rockies | Golden BC | Powder Skiing
Welcome to Avalanche Safety Solutions

Hope this helps !!:cool:

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have already heard from Sumx54 that RMX would not budge on price for 5 packs,so I dont think they are an option.You would have to find his supplier and ask them.The problem is that it looks like we are divided in the packs that we all want.If we all went with one brand our buying power would be stronger.If we can get a deal on one or the other,are people willing to go with the same brand?

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am undecided as they both have there positive and negative points...
actually it would probably come down to price for me since I think that they both provide the life saving qualities..
I am hoping to never need to use it. But would like to have it if needed !!

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we might need to have someone become a distributor in the Edmonton area, if the manufacture would be willing to add another distributor ??
I know that Snowpulse is manufactured in Switzerland...
but not sure about ABS Packs ??

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we might need to have someone become a distributor in the Edmonton area, if the manufacture would be willing to add another distributor ??
I know that Snowpulse is manufactured in Switzerland...
but not sure about ABS Packs ??

ABS is out of europe as well. The problem isn't that they are not willing. There is no margin in these bags once they are over here. I would bet if they gave 10-15% discount on a group buy they would break even at best. RMX is the distributor and they are not going to uncut their dealers.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have something in the works guys and give me a few minutes and I will post how we can get them and a price. I will give the details and the process.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have set up a deal in place with Bob and Darren @ E&S motorsports in Fort Sask. 780-997-3818 and you must tell them your with snow and mud to get the discount.
The packs are Snow Pulse and are 15 litre bags and the retail is $1100 plus taxes and they will do them for $960.00 plus taxes.
What you have to do is call Bob and order one and once we get 8 - 10 bags prepaid he will place the order. If you are out of the Edmonton area arangements can be made to ship Grey Hound or Purolator or you can pick them up. This is a 1 time order so if you want in then you better get in on it.
They are great guys and want to support us and help us out in any way.
Please send me a Pm if your ordering one so I can update how close we are to our 8-10 bags for the order.

Thanks

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks snowseeker, I was leaning toward the ABS but after reading about this pack it doesn't look to bad at all. There are a lot of positives with this bag,refilling cartridges,head protection,breathing space it provides etc.I am going to call a buddy of mine tonight he was thinking about getting 4 of them so I might be in for 5 total.

Here is the link for people wishing to read about them....Snowpulse SA at Snowpulse SA

GRD

Reaction score
Please see thread in link:

Does not look like a group buy is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom