Shipping Containers

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought there use to be a thread on these.

Anyone every buy one? We are located about 40min west of Edmonton so shipping shouldn't be too bad.

What should a fella look out for? I see a ton of ads on marketplace for them

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Anyone every buy one? We are located about 40min west of Edmonton so shipping shouldn't be too bad.

Step 1) Check with the land use bylaws for your county/subdivision, some counties are making it difficult to have these darn things.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What are you looking for? I have a buddy that hauls them can ask him. He is based in west edmonton and lives on RR12

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Buy a one time use container they’re more money but are basically brand new, we have two on the farm for years and never had a single issue with anything, no rust anywhere no paint fading, no difficulty opening closing and most important no leaks. The normal height ones were more expensive then the extra tall for some reason when we bought. Put the container on either rock or skids to get it off the ground. Put something in front of the door so grass doesn’t grow. It gets annoying closing the door getting grass in the sealing surface. Having a little ramp would be nice to get things in and out.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a one time use container they’re more money but are basically brand new, we have two on the farm for years and never had a single issue with anything, no rust anywhere no paint fading, no difficulty opening closing and most important no leaks. The normal height ones were more expensive then the extra tall for some reason when we bought. Put the container on either rock or skids to get it off the ground. Put something in front of the door so grass doesn’t grow. It gets annoying closing the door getting grass in the sealing surface. Having a little ramp would be nice to get things in and out.

I bought 2 and put them on piles, they’ve been off the ground for about 15 years and still work great, no leaks, no mice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just got a 40' high cube shipped 45min west of Edmonton, $3500 + $500 delivery. They say the demand and prices are going back up. Most were in good shape that I looked at, make sure the doors open and close smoothly

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure it’s not stolen. Lots of thieves moving these things and RcMp following up.

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh what’s the story here? Crazy that c-can is a theft item..
No vin- no registration- no insurance. Easy big ticket item. I had a wrecker lined up in my yard about to steal mine loaded with skidsteers. Blocked the f-k. Gave me some ch!t story about being called out to transport it. I got photos of him/ liscence/ bus etc. contacted rcmp and he was linked to criminal gang activity. We had already posted his pic etc online in the community forum, they located our post and responded by threaten us kill us if we didn’t remove the post….

Caution out there. Scum bags everywhere. Sundre hides lots of them …

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No vin- no registration- no insurance. Easy big ticket item. I had a wrecker lined up in my yard about to steal mine loaded with skidsteers. Blocked the f-k. Gave me some ch!t story about being called out to transport it. I got photos of him/ liscence/ bus etc. contacted rcmp and he was linked to criminal gang activity. We had already posted his pic etc online in the community forum, they located our post and responded by threaten us kill us if we didn’t remove the post….

I assume you stood up for yourself and didn't take the post down....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Seems alot of stolen chit as of late from our areas here rocky-sundre is going alder flats too

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a 40' high cube shipped 45min west of Edmonton, $3500 + $500 delivery. They say the demand and prices are going back up. Most were in good shape that I looked at, make sure the doors open and close smoothly
That seems pretty reasonable, who was that through? I'm thinking I might need another one.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom