900 Ranger xp tires?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a new 2014 900 ranger at the show this weekend! Pretty pumped about it, going to be along wait till I pick it up lol. Any ways like always putting tires on it, and going with mega mayhems. Anybody got these tires on the 900? I want to go 28" but not sure if they will rub. Not planning on a lift either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rough ride on hard top, from reading the tire suggestions here your best bet would most likely be the outlaw radials.... that is what i would be going for , stuck between 28 and 30 though .....anyway.....Hope you enjoy your new ride "imdooin " seems to have a blast with it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few guys with them they say the same rough on hard packed but work really good in mud and skeg. I want 28 but hope they fit. I got to get the machine and do some measuring.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few guys with them they say the same rough on hard packed but work really good in mud and skeg. I want 28 but hope they fit. I got to get the machine and do some measuring.
They measure short , do should fit no problem. Tires Work réal good. My buddy has them on his rzr 800s. Check out Sayler Motorsports in lacombe for pricing. He should have a good price on them. He had 4 sets of them in the shop yesterday. One set was for my bro. Lol. I don't think you would regret buying them.
That's just my two cents.
They are becoming very popular
They measure short , do should fit no problem. Tires Work réal good. My buddy has them on his rzr 800s. Check out Sayler Motorsports in lacombe for pricing. He should have a good price on them. He had 4 sets of them in the shop yesterday. One set was for my bro. Lol. I don't think you would regret buying them.
That's just my two cents.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
They are becoming very popular

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know when your ready to go for a rip

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i love riding the ranger 900xp, not the fastest at all, not meant to be. I have 27" xtrs on mine right now, they ride nice, and i have a set of 28 zillas going up for sale now. Looks like lots of clearance. zillas tend to run 3/4 inch less than stated. 28=27 1/4 or so, but light. I'm going to run both sets over a weekend and see which i like best. I also have a set of 30 zillas but will need a lift and forward a-arms. i think a true 28 inch tire will fit without new a-arms, a lift gets you some clearance.

neville says his mahems run rough on the trails, he would be the guy to ask. although i think he has 30's. you need to have throttle control.

recent update

looks like i got 30 zillas going on sooner, just bought a forward a-arms from super atv. (thanks rzzrgade) smoking price at super atv.
probably have to rescue arff this summer haha.

whoop whoop

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe i can try out several tires this year, todd(goodngrubby) has a few sets of tires, would be a good info weekend, at least you can try several tires on the same trails to get an idea where they work the best.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Monster Mayhams ,not mega`s ...Big difference! Monsters too rough for me but awesome in the mud/snow.... I clear 30`s easy ,but have a 3 inch arched outkast full a arm lift....
I will soon put on a set off 30" Terms or OLR or Zilla`s . Have not decided yet, but all
three of these are great utv tire....IMO.

*** I would not buy less than a 30" size zilal though, as the 28`s are not solid enough
for a UTV. The 30 has a lot more side wall than the 28s . Of course beadlocks help, i run the STI,s 14 " .:beer:

Attachments

• ranger tire pic.jpg
    ranger tire pic.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Monter Mayhem pics 002.JPG
    Monter Mayhem pics 002.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whoop whoop got me some forward a-arms coming, lookds like i may be putting some 30 inch zillas in my future. shheeet feel like a kid in a candy store. (friggin neville made me do it) haha. going to be an interesting summer. axles at super atv $199, hope they got lots?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whoop whoop got me some forward a-arms coming, lookds like i may be putting some 30 inch zillas in my future. shheeet feel like a kid in a candy store. (friggin neville made me do it) haha. going to be an interesting summer. axles at super atv $199, hope they got lots?

Are you lifting the rear also?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do i need to ? I'm not that heavy, besides it will wheelee better

Top Bottom