need tire help from 900 xp owners

fulleyes

Reaction score
Hi Folks ... I am looking at pitbull tires for a stock rzr 900 xp. I am confused at which size to go with. I am tring to decide on 26.5 skinny wide combo or 27.5 skinny wide combo. My concern is I would like to get the exta clearance of the 27.5 tire but not sure if stock axles will withstand the extra weight and grip of the pitbulls not to mention the clutch. I have heard with the 26.5 tires some times rub on the trailing arms and the 27.5 tires fit with no issues. It has something to do with the 27.5s are that much taller that they miss the trailing arms. Does any one run either tire and can clear this up for me? ....... Thank You!!!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks ... I am looking at pitbull tires for a stock rzr 900 xp. I am confused at which size to go with. I am tring to decide on 26.5 skinny wide combo or 27.5 skinny wide combo. My concern is I would like to get the exta clearance of the 27.5 tire but not sure if stock axles will withstand the extra weight and grip of the pitbulls not to mention the clutch. I have heard with the 26.5 tires some times rub on the trailing arms and the 27.5 tires fit with no issues. It has something to do with the 27.5s are that much taller that they miss the trailing arms. Does any one run either tire and can clear this up for me? ....... Thank You!!!!
You can run 28" or even 30 with no lift. Buy spare axels one front and one rear and your good to go. The transmission is the next week link if u do upgrades on your axels. They don't break super easy but in the mud and with that kinda power just beware. My brother runs his to the floor in all mud holes. Never uses a winch unless it won't move at all. He breaks one every long weekend. I'm a little more wary but still broke 3 in 2500 miles

Top Bottom