rzr xp 900 tires??? which ones to buy

guido88gt

Reaction score
looking for the best set of tires to buy for my rzr xp.. i want a good mud tire thats half decent for trails as well.. what do you guys think?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you search threads it has been discussed a lot.
i went with 28 inch zilla tires on stock rims because I didn't want to make the Rzr wider.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you search threads it has been discussed a lot.
i went with 28 inch zilla tires on stock rims because I didn't want to make the Rzr wider.

was looki into changing out the ol rhino's plug lites and thinkin of goin this way trying to keep a nice light tire on it as hp is not its strongest suit was just somewhat concerned about the soft sidewalls I know they are great on atv. but have yet to run across someone running them on sxs U are happy with your choice?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was looki into changing out the ol rhino's plug lites and thinkin of goin this way trying to keep a nice light tire on it as hp is not its strongest suit was just somewhat concerned about the soft sidewalls I know they are great on atv. but have yet to run across someone running them on sxs U are happy with your choice?

rzr101 runs the zilla tires and he seems happy. Today will be the first ride on them. I will post results...

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've run Zillas on quite a few quads, but now I'm running 28" Zillas on my RZR S with 14" rims. We went out yesterday with a buddy running 30" Zillas on 14" rims on his XP 900. I managed to blow the bead on a rear after hitting a rock, but it went back on without a problem. Aside from sticks and grass wedging in the beads on both buggies, they worked very well. I don't think I'll go any other way.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What press you run your tires at grubby? I have a set of 28" Zillas on 14" rims for my 2010 RZR S. Running 12lbs press & no issues with beads.
SxS are heavy & need to keep the tire press up higher.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'm running 10psi. I'll play around with the pressure a bit, but it seems the Zillas on 14" rims tend to give a bit more grief than the 12's.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try and run a front (6 inch ) rim in the rear as well. Protects the bead a lot better........I found a night and day difference between a 30 & 28 inch zilla . The 30 s are tougher,more side wall so you have a lot less bead issues and a heavier built tire IMO..........
I have not found a better "all purpose" tire i like more than a 30 Zilla, Though i will soon try some 30 inch radial laws....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No issues today with the 28 inch zilla's on stock rims.. I drove slow and never spun the tires once....:rolleyes:

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 28" swamp lites. They are ok but I would rather go with something less aggressive for speed and all around riding. I almost think they dig you a deeper hole than you want.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ran 30s you would have less skid plate rash,when Val runs you down............just throwin it out there.........

Very true thanks...Next set will be 30s. I am already planning ahead if I damage these. Remember what I did to those other tires......

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
currently running ITP Blackwater Evolutions and love them

if you want some top of the line tires look into the Pitbull Growlers.

if i had the $ they would be my first choice of tires for my 900

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I'm running 10psi. I'll play around with the pressure a bit, but it seems the Zillas on 14" rims tend to give a bit more grief than the 12's.
Bingo. I have to clean the beads out every other ride with the 14" rims. I had enough swamp grass in the one front this past saturday it looked like a wig was flying around....we had to air it down and dig the crap out...air it up.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bead leaks yet with the stock rims, however the finger sized stick made a hole. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367285419.353299.jpg

Top Bottom