Anyone ever bought a sled in a crate? (ie: no $600 dealer PDI)

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Not to paint all in one brush but my understanding of this has a lot to do with general age and maturity. I have seen the same in snowmobilers and dirt bikers but not so much in other things such as boaters and boating.
While dirt biking and snowmobiling can be attained by younger folk's, a lot are over their heads financially or on the edge.
While sports like boating are generally afforded by a more financial mature individual and older retired folks.
I was told once by a BRP rep. that their studies have shown that the average dirt biker income is in around 40k while a snowmobiler income is less then 80k. while in the marine world of selling boats it can exceed 1million.

Maybe he is full of it but it made sense to me.

Check the age of the people on here having a long d#ck contest over cheapest price! It doesn't bother me at all... And everyone should stop worrying about it and listening to it... Most of it is either lies... Or they aren't telling you a final price..... No matter what happens every year... There is always those guys that throw EVERYTHING out the window and just generally feel better than everywhere else because they think they got a better "deal". No matter what is out for programs and incentives.... "No ..... what's the cheapest price!?!?" Then come winter.... "How come my sled doesn't have that... Why didn't I get offered that?" And to be totally honest.... I could give you a price...... And ask you what it was when your sled shows up.... I bet you you wouldn't be within 500 dollars... And I also don't know how everyone thinks a salesperson gets paid.... But let me know how many people would treat me awesome if we lived really close to each other... And I asked you to come re-do the floors in my house...... But I called South Korea and got a better price so you have to make less money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom