900 E-Tech in 2011??

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a 600 ETECH this year - thinking that if they come out with the 800 this spring, gives me two years to a new 800 Etech. Can give the 600 to the olderst daughter then.

The 600 is sweet. I have only had it for two weeks, but that thing is the sweetest boon-docker I have ever been on. -30 and that thing starts with one half-hearted pull. No oil smell - the wife doesn't complain anymore. Only bitch - needs about 20 hp. I think it is geared a little low for the big pulls, and another 20 horsies or so would help that out.

Put that into an 800 - that would be the perfect sled. I don't know about bigger. That 1000 RT was a pig. Great point and shoot and not much else.

Boy I sure dont agree with that last comment about the RT but that is for another thread. I heard whispers of a 960 e-tech. I sure hope so!!!:

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would haveing a 145-150hp sled that gets a little better gas milage/oil economy and be worth an extra $1000 to people though... on top of that its electronic. A running issue could mean a long time before it's solved.. look at Polaris they may or may not have there running issues sorted out and it's a 2.5 year old motor. Ill take my 4 year old 800R that makes good power any day. I would only want to pay an extra $1000 for a sled if it ment another 10-15hp. I wouldn't care how the fuel is delivered. PS from what ive seen a carbed 800R gets better fuel econ/same oil econ as a cat or po anyways. Someone convince me why a $15000 e-tec is worth it over a $14000 carb job ('10 163 X)

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would haveing a 145-150hp sled that gets a little better gas milage/oil economy and be worth an extra $1000 to people though... on top of that its electronic. A running issue could mean a long time before it's solved.. look at Polaris they may or may not have there running issues sorted out and it's a 2.5 year old motor. Ill take my 4 year old 800R that makes good power any day. I would only want to pay an extra $1000 for a sled if it ment another 10-15hp. I wouldn't care how the fuel is delivered. PS from what ive seen a carbed 800R gets better fuel econ/same oil econ as a cat or po anyways. Someone convince me why a $15000 e-tec is worth it over a $14000 carb job ('10 163 X)

Agreed! :beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right. the simpler the better when your 100km in the backcountry. the last thing you want is an engine code of some sort LOL. all the xps i ride with get awesome milage. in comparison to my efi m7 and other cats ive been around.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right. the simpler the better when your 100km in the backcountry. the last thing you want is an engine code of some sort LOL. all the xps i ride with get awesome milage. in comparison to my efi m7 and other cats ive been around.

Although I do agree with you in respect to electronics, the new E-tec 600 destroys the others in fuel milleage and oil consumption.

Not to mention it runs like a 4stroke. Very strong idle, very quick reaction, very linear, and very smooth.

IMO, that's worth a grand to me even if it's rated for the same power. It truely is a very refined two stroke.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
E-tec came from Evinrude(BRP owns them) and they have been using it in boats since 2002. I works great and is super reliable.
off topic a bit, but I have been forced to go four stroke with my motocross bike(s) and I'd take a light, easy to maintain 2 stoke any day of the weak. 4 strokes are heavy pigs, and when you do have an engine failure, bring a big bag full of money to the dealership.:eek::eek:
When my 03 yz 250f engine went south and grenaded, it cost me 4 grand.:rant::rant:

Two strokes are lighter, far easier to maintain and make way more horsepower per cc.

just my 2 cents

Top Bottom