900 E-Tech in 2011??

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only a 800 Etec

There may be a few sleds to see on the snow Soon

birdie

I think the 800 is already being used on the trail sled.

My father owns a 600 E-tec and it has me eagerly awaiting the 800 mountain sled. I was thoroughly impressed!

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should have one at the shop in a few weeks and may be able to take it out for a rip, I will post photo's and let people know when and where if they want to try it. If it happens, when it happens...:rolleyes:
Oh, and it's not an 800 either. lets just say it's gonna up the ante a tad, or perhaps a whole bunch.

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
We should have one at the shop in a few weeks and may be able to take it out for a rip, I will post photo's and let people know when and where if they want to try it. If it happens, when it happens...:rolleyes:
Oh, and it's not an 800 either. lets just say it's gonna up the ante a tad, or perhaps a whole bunch.

Hmmmm... do tell. A 1 litre in an XP chassis, would be pretty fun:d

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So "in the shop" is this a stroked/bored 800, or a FACTORY released sled? Or a modified SDI 1000 in an XP?

My next sled would still probably be the 800 E-tec 154, but you have my ears tweaked.

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm I guess your telling me i have to start saving for my next sled already i am stoked to hear about this.

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
Man it would sure be nice to see doo come out with a monster of a sled just to make those other sled try & cautch up again remunber the rev look what it did to the other sled builders there had to build something just my 2 sents worth

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah some say bigger then an 800 but it won't happen. Lets face the fact. Ski-Doo or BRP is very market smart. they will never jump one step bigger if there is money to be made in a different area. Basically if they have not marketed the 800 E Tec yet, why would they jump to something bigger when there was good money to make on the 800 version. If you just look back in the archives, and see how they deal their cards it only makes sense. So before we get our hopes up and lips moving, lets look at the recent years from BRP. Sorry for breaking anyones bubble.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah some say bigger then an 800 but it won't happen. Lets face the fact. Ski-Doo or BRP is very market smart. they will never jump one step bigger if there is money to be made in a different area. Basically if they have not marketed the 800 E Tec yet, why would they jump to something bigger when there was good money to make on the 800 version. If you just look back in the archives, and see how they deal their cards it only makes sense. So before we get our hopes up and lips moving, lets look at the recent years from BRP. Sorry for breaking anyones bubble.

Not saying this is true or not, but IMO, as good as the 600E-tec is, if the 800 is similar I also wonder why they'd switch engines when they have one that makes plenty of power.

Simply put the 800 E-tec in the mountain sled and be done for a few years, or at least introduce it. I don't need a 1000, or factory turbo, etc. I just want something that works, and works well for a reasonable cost.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ooooooooooooooooooookay:d

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An 800 e-tec would be a step down in power from the 800r....I bet an e-tec 1000 torque monster with 160-165hp at 7600 rpm would make sense.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An 800 e-tec would be a step down in power from the 800r....I bet an e-tec 1000 torque monster with 160-165hp at 7600 rpm would make sense.

I'm not exactly sure of my details and I haven't verified but I thought somebody rambled off the 152 HP?

That's plenty for me.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So "in the shop" is this a stroked/bored 800, or a FACTORY released sled? Or a modified SDI 1000 in an XP?

My next sled would still probably be the 800 E-tec 154, but you have my ears tweaked.

next years pre production sled......

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hummmmmm.. sworn to secrecy on this one:d....... well see!! some good predictions on this thats for sure.. some are far fetch tho.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a 600 ETECH this year - thinking that if they come out with the 800 this spring, gives me two years to a new 800 Etech. Can give the 600 to the olderst daughter then.

The 600 is sweet. I have only had it for two weeks, but that thing is the sweetest boon-docker I have ever been on. -30 and that thing starts with one half-hearted pull. No oil smell - the wife doesn't complain anymore. Only bitch - needs about 20 hp. I think it is geared a little low for the big pulls, and another 20 horsies or so would help that out.

Put that into an 800 - that would be the perfect sled. I don't know about bigger. That 1000 RT was a pig. Great point and shoot and not much else.

Top Bottom