Ski doo chain and gear recall

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came from dealer. Was told they will have hyvo gears and chain replacement program with parts arriving by end of the month, Has anyone else heard this??

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just came from dealer. Was told they will have hyvo gears and chain replacement program with parts arriving by end of the month, Has anyone else heard this??
is this for all '23 turbo r sleds (which would be surprising) or just for those who have had issues?

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is this for all '23 turbo r sleds (which would be surprising) or just for those who have had issues?
Sounded like all, but it seems strangely silent here and on social so I’m not sure if she knew what she was talking about?.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounded like all, but it seems strangely silent here and on social so I’m not sure if she knew what she was talking about?.

It’s silent because ski doo don’t break down or have recalls. They’re perfect in every way possible and just keep getting more perfect. And if someone says anything else you’re banned for life!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s silent because ski doo don’t break down or have recalls. They’re perfect in every way possible and just keep getting more perfect. And if someone says anything else you’re banned for life!

you missed the part about when they do break they are actually going to fix them!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you missed the part about when they do break they are actually going to fix them!
Now things are getting back to normal and the replies from the usual suspects are exactly as they should be. Glitch in the matrix is fixed! Lol
Hopefully it's true and doo is standing up to the plate on this one! every swinging dick on the snow knew this was a wreck waiting to happen! Gotta say it's a bit of a nut punch that every ambassador and his dog spent every waking minute denying the problem last winter and lo and behold out comes a quiet fix! Feels a bit greasy!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i bought hyvo gears for my sled already. There at dealer waiting to go on my sled. I’ll check with them tomorrow and see what the deal is.
We were shut down with the rain, so I was at my dealer today to order hyvo parts and get that ball rolling Rick! Was told not to bother, parts from doo will be in around month end and I was on the list to be called??
Let us know what you learn please!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i bought hyvo gears for my sled already. There at dealer waiting to go on my sled. I’ll check with them tomorrow and see what the deal is.

I think I’d hold off and return them and get your money back. Take the free recalled ones.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Guys on other forums were posting similar news awhile back.

Reminds me of similar past campaigns where doo updated the gear ratio on the summits back when the 850 came out.
At least doo is acknowledging and making it right, its a step in the right direction, now I’m wondering about the driveshaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went in last Friday to order 2 Sets of Hyvo's for our '23's and the Service manager told me to wait also. Said there was a service bulletin out, recall expected but not word on ETA for the parts yet.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now things are getting back to normal and the replies from the usual suspects are exactly as they should be. Glitch in the matrix is fixed! Lol
Hopefully it's true and doo is standing up to the plate on this one! every swinging dick on the snow knew this was a wreck waiting to happen! Gotta say it's a bit of a nut punch that every ambassador and his dog spent every waking minute denying the problem last winter and lo and behold out comes a quiet fix! Feels a bit greasy!
the ambassadors def lost some credibility on this strange set of events but they're also constrained by what they can and can't say despite their insistence of "calling it like they see it". if there is a general recall for '23 turbos, i wonder how they're gonna handle those of us that have purchased and installed the hyvo equipment. maybe a credit?

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
compared to polaris sleds, they don't.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just spoke with my dealer and he confirmed that there is a a fix for the '23 turbos but didn't have much detailed info other than the part number for the kit (861 805 573). i did a quick search and nothing came up under that part number, he was pessimistic about the dealer or brp doing anything for those that have already put hyvo parts in their sled but suggested i contact brp directly. he was also gonna run that up his chain of command and get back to me.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ambassador's, as much as I like a couple of them personally, are paid salesmen, they tow the line or the cheque stops plain and simple!
I'd think you'll get the parts supplied from doo dealer installed by doo or no further warrenty! Can't see them giving any credits!
I'm more interested to se how they Handel the guys that blew up cases last year and denied those claims!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fawk BRP is greasy to not look after the guys that already fixed their sleds while doo was busy denying there is an issue. It also would have been great to get some sleds fixed over the summer instead of waiting just before the season starts to try to get all the sleds through. BRP owns the marketshare and they are treating their customers like it too.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ambassador's, as much as I like a couple of them personally, are paid salesmen, they tow the line or the cheque stops plain and simple!
I'd think you'll get the parts supplied from doo dealer installed by doo or no further warrenty! Can't see them giving any credits!
I'm more interested to se how they Handel the guys that blew up cases last year and denied those claims!
the "no further warranty" part would suck and i hadn't thought of that before but makes complete sense. i guess i may be bringing my sled in to get the parts pulled off and then the new, same parts installed to preserve warranty if that's the case, only to then reopen the case again to reinstall the 19T top gear. not a huge deal i suppose but a hassle nonetheless plus people working on your sled that don't care about it as much as the owner.

Top Bottom