Ski doo chain and gear recall

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These guys are doing backflips, big jumps and 1 guy breaks a driveshaft …..every person that had a G5 last year that I knew had chain issues there’s a difference some where just ratcheting sounds from missing links others completely blew they but it was a significant problem. I’m glad they are fixing the issue. Typical first year stuff they engineer them the genie pigs break them they re engineer them for the better 2nd and 3rd year doo stuff is usually unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many guys you ride with that had G5’s? Cause out of 5 of us with G5’s last year and well over 10,000km collectively between us we never had one issue…

All the days we pulled up to the cabin at Boulder last year didn’t see one piled up G5. Not saying there wasn't an issue there definitely was but crazy every G5 you rode with had issues thats some bad luck.

Doo definitely gets there sleds figured out by the 3rd year of a new chassis.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This horse is getting beat. Lol
Morale of the story, a one piece can break, but it didn’t take the chaincase out, and proof it had the lightweight bottom sprocket in it.

My 19 175 driveshaft broke and took out the chain-case was lucky it got towed out with a homemade toboggan covered under warranty and back on the snow for the next ride. It definitely happens I just got a kick out of the dude that called the G4 bulletproof that’s all.

Top Bottom