Active VIP Member
Reaction score
d237efdc5d8cffac7d309de01883f03e.jpg

Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the boys in RMSHA going up jackson use the new driveshaft. Well see if they break one i guess. Then the rest of us should be fine. I used to twist the old solid shaft almost every race

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any intel on that or just the pic?

Not really, The Spline stripped, it’s an old photo I found in my phone. It can happen, it’s another added wear point on a smaller diameter spline with less teeth to engage.

It will get better.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the boys in RMSHA going up jackson use the new driveshaft. Well see if they break one i guess. Then the rest of us should be fine. I used to twist the old solid shaft almost every race
The race team is not an accurate representation. I would think they would be using the TKI insert or a "Ski Doo" version of the same. Not likely going to risk losing a race on a weak point. An inner threaded and tapered "fingered" version of the insert would eliminate the need for the loctite on the inner thread shaft wouldn't it? As you tighten the bolt in it splays the fingers outward. Would only need to splay a little, like 0.100"?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The race team is not an accurate representation. I would think they would be using the TKI insert or a "Ski Doo" version of the same. Not likely going to risk losing a race on a weak point. An inner threaded and tapered "fingered" version of the insert would eliminate the need for the loctite on the inner thread shaft wouldn't it? As you tighten the bolt in it splays the fingers outward. Would only need to splay a little, like 0.100"?

i just checked with them. They ran the quick coupler for all RMSHA Races both NA and turbo models without issue. They are not allowed to modify or change/modify the trackshaft in stock classes.

i agree its not an accurate representation but its the hardest beating it will take. Ever. Just not the longest duration/miles

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does all this sit? Is there a recall for 23’s actually with hyvo chains? Do the 24’s come stock with them? 20.5,21,22 were bulletproof in my eyes but I wouldn’t touch a 23 as every guy I knew with one last year had chain issues.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does all this sit? Is there a recall for 23’s actually with hyvo chains? Do the 24’s come stock with them? 20.5,21,22 were bulletproof in my eyes but I wouldn’t touch a 23 as every guy I knew with one last year had chain issues.

all 23 summits get new hyvo chain and gears

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bulletproof…

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This horse is getting beat. Lol
Morale of the story, a one piece can break, but it didn’t take the chaincase out, and proof it had the lightweight bottom sprocket in it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive busted many of chaincases. They aint bomb proof either.

These are just snowmobiles for play time, not indusrial machines.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bulletproof…

These guys are doing backflips, big jumps and 1 guy breaks a driveshaft …..every person that had a G5 last year that I knew had chain issues there’s a difference some where just ratcheting sounds from missing links others completely blew they but it was a significant problem. I’m glad they are fixing the issue. Typical first year stuff they engineer them the genie pigs break them they re engineer them for the better 2nd and 3rd year doo stuff is usually unreal.

Top Bottom