2017 yamaha

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow the rest of the snowmobile universe will be snow dust.
That a bold statement if all they do is change colors or tweak the motor or chassis.
Should be something new to get yamaha back in the game.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow the rest of the snowmobile universe will be snow dust.
That a bold statement if all they do is change colors or tweak the motor or chassis.
Should be something new to get yamaha back in the game.

What if they put monster stickers on from factory? That would make they go fast right out of the crate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GAY!!! who the hell is going to buy a sport quad type snowmobile... track kit a spider

definitly looks weird in that pic,the way the rider is siting,trail rider would probably buy it lol.

Cyrus747

Reaction score
looks like one of those can am wanna be motor bike things....could be the end of yamaha if this is what it is...Although my dealer was hearing 800 2 stroke made at the cat plant "influenced" by yamaha..same arctic cat chassis....so the only thing yamaha might be the decals. I will pass....on the arctic shat...

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe i had mentioned this before in a previous thread maybe a year ago or so.
The merger between Yamaha and Arctic Cat is a temporary agreement. Arctic Cat was looking for a mid size 4stroke in the mountain scene, while Yamaha continuing their decline in popularity and the Nytro had ran it's course was looking for a quick fix so to maintain a foot hold in the market and at least have something to offer Yamaha diehard's other then the Nytro.
Thus the merger.....Yamaha got the Cat chassi and Cat got the Genesis 1049 4stroke.
Now here is the deal and the what's up with Yamaha......RUMOR....from good source.
In 2012-13 Yamaha R&D started on a new mountain sled project as a direct replacement for their Nytro, 2014 was suppose to be release year. Problem was, Yamaha needed more time for proper testing and developing.....thus the merger.....new release date spring 2016 for the 2017 model year.

So something is coming from Yamaha and it ain't a snowbike LOL.
The reason why i still ride the old Nytro.....waiting.

BTW, i can assure you with Yamaha R&D and pride, this sled might set a new bench mark, plus one thing is for sure.
It will have Yamaha craftmanship and reliability.....unlike the warranty claims and let the customer work out the bug's ideology of the competition. HAHAHA

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it isn't just another extension for the die hards.

Hammer has a lot of hurdles in the mountain segment, I am unsure if a 4 banger will ever do the trick. It is exciting to see new stuff. even if they are trail sleds for the time being.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe i had mentioned this before in a previous thread maybe a year ago or so.
The merger between Yamaha and Arctic Cat is a temporary agreement. Arctic Cat was looking for a mid size 4stroke in the mountain scene, while Yamaha continuing their decline in popularity and the Nytro had ran it's course was looking for a quick fix so to maintain a foot hold in the market and at least have something to offer Yamaha diehard's other then the Nytro.
Thus the merger.....Yamaha got the Cat chassi and Cat got the Genesis 1049 4stroke.
Now here is the deal and the what's up with Yamaha......RUMOR....from good source.
In 2012-13 Yamaha R&D started on a new mountain sled project as a direct replacement for their Nytro, 2014 was suppose to be release year. Problem was, Yamaha needed more time for proper testing and developing.....thus the merger.....new release date spring 2016 for the 2017 model year.

BTW, i can assure you with Yamaha R&D and pride, this sled might set a new bench mark, plus one thing is for sure.
It will have Yamaha craftmanship and reliability.....unlike the warranty claims and let the customer work out the bug's ideology of the competition. HAHAHA

The Yoolade is strong with this one!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went west a week or so ago. Brought my bro in law. Had a cat m1100t, we were climbing up a slightly rutted with some pow cut block avy chute thing. He couldnt get up 100-200 feet. Kept letting off near trees and such and the front would dive and it would just saw down and trench stuck him, he wasnt that experienced but my pro would climb and climb and fly thru whatever. After a long day and many attempts he was finally like... You think its so easy you ride my sled.

Boosted up the whole thing. Skis seldom touched the ground. Got to the top and played in a bowl a bit and came down. I have to say i was completely out of breath and my arms were sore pushing that pig around just riding and i easily arm curl 50-60 lbs per arm for full sets, what a work out.

So to summarize. Yah no thanks on the 4 strokes boosted or not. Noooo thanks. The summits and rmks are so light and nimble... Amazing sleds.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went west a week or so ago. Brought my bro in law. Had a cat m1100t, we were climbing up a slightly rutted with some pow cut block avy chute thing. He couldnt get up 100-200 feet. Kept letting off near trees and such and the front would dive and it would just saw down and trench stuck him, he wasnt that experienced but my pro would climb and climb and fly thru whatever. After a long day and many attempts he was finally like... You think its so easy you ride my sled.

Boosted up the whole thing. Skis seldom touched the ground. Got to the top and played in a bowl a bit and came down. I have to say i was completely out of breath and my arms were sore pushing that pig around just riding and i easily arm curl 50-60 lbs per arm for full sets, what a work out.

So to summarize. Yah no thanks on the 4 strokes boosted or not. Noooo thanks. The summits and rmks are so light and nimble... Amazing sleds.

So you are saying the new Hammers need to up the dangle?
Can You Dangle? - YouTube

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dig, in a way.

Buddy had a nitro 180 and while it was a blast to ride for a half hour hard... I was ready to give this thing back and play on my non boosted machine..

I am a fairly big fellah who can hold his own, but to spend all day... I would need some training for sure. lol

I hope yamaha succeeds this year
'

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, four strokes aren't for everyone. They are heavier and require more effort to ride, and NONE of the manufacturers have set them up specific for the added weight to date. Suspension adjustments are essential, and sometimes different spring rates are required - betting Yamaha uses the same rear skid springs as does the Cat 1100T (which by the way, are the same as what's used in the 600 and 800). Works well enough on a lighter sled, not so much on a machine that has an extra 80 lbs all in the front end. I really started to understand suspension when I bought my 07 M1000 - a brute of a machine that was notoriously nose heavy, but I was able to tune that out. On my M1100T (a 2013 model), it took me a full season to get it dialed to my satisfaction - I even worked with Kevin over at Kmod to help tune his rear skid to it's potential - yes, I had a custom front track shock spring made, but the benefits outweighed the cost ten fold.
My point is this: If you are riding a poorly set up sled that's heavier then its 2s counterpart, you will hate it, as it rides you, not the other way around. And it takes more then a half hour ride on one that's set up to realize that because the power delivery is different, that you have to "tweak" your riding style. Any boosted 4 stroke has amazing torque and pure climbing ability, but it comes at a cost of more rider input. And although the current trend in riding is to play exclusively in the trees, there are a lot of folk buying 174" T3's, which is a great sled, but not the optimum sled for tight trees - a 150's" sled is far better suited for that, or better yet, a snow bike.
Four stoke sleds are here to stay, and will be around long after the 2S has gone the way of the dodo due to environmental regulations. Currently the direct injected two stokes are meeting regulations, but as the regulations become tighter, at some point our sport will be having catalytic converters introduced, and they don't like oil residue...

Cyrus747

Reaction score

any joint veture with cat rules out any craftmanship and reliability...better get extended warranty

Top Bottom