2017 yamaha

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all I know is something better change, the garbage 16 viper motor has to go and some factory boost would be nice.....I am thinking it may be time to change colors if there isn't something really groundbreaking

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha really better do something soon, that underpowered heavy tank of a Viper isn't winning anyone over. They had a good thing going when their motors were the only ones on boost, but now with lightweight turbo 2-strokes they have lost most of that market share. And unless they come out with a more powerful lighter motor, or the EPA rids us of 2-strokes they are going to have a tough fight for the measly market share they currently have. They still have the touring crowd, but no one in their right might believes they will be king of the hill on a stock yamaha. Regardless I'll still be watching this unveil intently.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
This is paused at 32 seconds. uploadfromtaptalk1455227714740.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pause it at 32 seconds, not a bike?
the video isnt of a new release but whole line up,sounds like a couple diff motors & the the guy riding looks like he is on a bike not a sled,then when its pulling away from camera going into corner you can se its skinny & tall.
when it shows guy in powder he is definitly on a bike & other tracks in shot are bike tracks.but its just my guess.;)

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one looks like a bike, the tracks in the snow look like that also. The other one is defiantly a 2 stroke with a factory boost it turbo. I could be wrong.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,552
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,550

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
From the engine sounds, it sounds like a triple. But not the normal 4 stroke triple. 2 stroke triple coming back maybe?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know lots of guy's are complaining, i too would like something new from Yamaha.
But till something fits the need my Nytro remain's. 95% of all the guy's i ride with are on XM's of all types. The newest and greatest, they say.....LOL.
Fact is i'm still the one putting the first track, highest track and getting into the knarliest places without digging and while they are sitting or digging i'm grinning. Other then tight tree's which is a challenge for this fat girl, i have yet to see anything that can honnestly compete with a boosted 4stroke. Kinda wondered why when i ride with some dudes they run for the timber......lol

Yes a boosted 2stroke is appealing but can them 2smokers be trusted....not sure about that.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know lots of guy's are complaining, i too would like something new from Yamaha.
But till something fits the need my Nytro remain's. 95% of all the guy's i ride with are on XM's of all types. The newest and greatest, they say.....LOL.
Fact is i'm still the one putting the first track, highest track and getting into the knarliest places without digging and while they are sitting or digging i'm grinning. Other then tight tree's which is a challenge for this fat girl, i have yet to see anything that can honnestly compete with a boosted 4stroke. Kinda wondered why when i ride with some dudes they run for the timber......lol

Yes a boosted 2stroke is appealing but can them 2smokers be trusted....not sure about that.

You are the best....there is no doubt about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ride your one dimensional sled. I do give Yamaha kudo's though. They opened the door for boosted 2 strokes. In case you haven't noticed they are outnumbering your sled by 50-1. Polaris, Doo and Cat are setting new bars as 2 stroke technology is milked for all its worth and made better every year. We are cleaner, faster, leaner and more fun in a number of applications. Time to change or become extinct don't you think?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh mike, brain washed yamalubed lol

Yes urs goes straight up if u can keep it on track

Just so ya know the best snow to ride is in the trees, with lack of tracks ect

Oh I'm sure I can come up with a pic from this year, that has u stuck with a way low, low point of view and two stock 163 doo's way above u

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope Yamaha comes out with some trick stuff. A lightweight clean burning two stroke certainly isn't out of there realm of operation. They have tons of resources and probably one of the hardest working sales guy in the industry in Fuji. Any success in the product line in the western US and Canada can be attributed to his hard work getting the Yamaha boost movement up and running. It would be great to see his hard work come to fruition. Great for the sport as well if they can make a comeback.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh mike, brain washed yamalubed lol

Yes urs goes straight up if u can keep it on track

Just so ya know the best snow to ride is in the trees, with lack of tracks ect

Oh I'm sure I can come up with a pic from this year, that has u stuck with a way low, low point of view and two stock 163 doo's way above u

I doubt it. His nytro and him are the best duo since spade and Farley. If you don't believe me just ask him. Would be cool to see Yamaha come out with a two smoker again. They have the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thing is Yamaha needs more than a good 2-stroke motor to be competitive, they don't have a decent chassis of their own to put it in, and it's not something they can develop again overnight, look how long its taken the other big 3 to get their current generation of machines. And i highly doubt many people are going to buy an arctic cat chassis with a Yamaha 2-stroke motor and sticker on the side. Its almost like Yamaha is riding their technology out until it is obsolete and then are going to get out of sleds completely, although I really hope I am wrong and this unveil brings something great, it would be great to have a 4th competitor to push the other 3 again.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my friends.... Yes it has 2 skis and track!! Is it a 4 toke .... yup!! Have you ridden a sport quad lately?????

Just sayin!! Oh where is that birdie :rolleyes:

Stay thirsty my friends !! :beer:

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow, no offence, but do you get out much? If this was 2009, or even 10, you would have a valid point. But for the past 2 or 3 years, there has been a major improvement made in regards to 2 strokes. Those gain have come because of Yamaha. Some people seem to forget when the turbo'd 4 strokes first made an appearance they weren't real user friendly either.

I don't know you, but I bet you were one of the last guys to admit fuel injection was a good idea to. Or that maybe metal ski's might not be the best option anymore.

In this same period of time, the need for a turbo is almost not even there anymore. Look at the the any of the snowcheck sleds for 2016. A bone stock sled off a showroom floor, with a near novice rider will go places a 190 Nytro will, (and by the sounds of it some places a Nytro can't) or so very close it comes down to the rider.

And by listening to some, the latest 4 strokes are getting to be less reliable then there little 2sbrothers are, or at least thats impression I get from listening to guys who are having major issues with them.

Thats good you like your Nytro... I liked mine to. But why limit yourself? Sound like we figured out why guys you ride with head to the timber... ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom