2017 yamaha

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True. Or maybe there is little to defend anymore.

In the mountain segment, since 2013, what does Yamaha offer over anyone else??

Aside from brand loyalty, why would someone choose them?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Many Yamaha riders are probably like myself read these posts and find it a waste of time to argue on a keyboard. I ride with all brands and could really careless what you ride, just ride. The fact is if they are man made they break and yes while 2 strokes have made leaps and bounds, they will never have the torque of a Turboed 4 stroke. I too hope Yamaha gets back in the game, maybe a factory turbo and hopefully a chassis of their own. Jmo

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i made the mistake of thinking i was on the Yamaha section of the forum...nope, no worries.....the truth be told i thought i was talking to other Yamaha enthusiast of my intention's. I was wrong. I was talking to a bunch of retard's who have little but nothing to do with their time but crap on other's with their wisdom.
Either way, have fun trash talking like a bunch of tard's cause i won't be reading your BS...this is my last post on this forum.

BTW, Jeff i'm surprised on your comment.....but then maybe i shouldn't be

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i made the mistake of thinking i was on the Yamaha section of the forum...nope, no worries.....the truth be told i thought i was talking to other Yamaha enthusiast of my intention's. I was wrong. I was talking to a bunch of retard's who have little but nothing to do with their time but crap on other's with their wisdom.
Either way, have fun trash talking like a bunch of tard's cause i won't be reading your BS...this is my last post on this forum.

Na, it was all in some fun

Unlike the others, I know what urs will do

But, trees u would not go lots of places we go

Last edited:

Cyrus747

Reaction score
I am a Yamaha guy and hoping they come out with something..I would buy a 2 stroke if they built one. I had a MM 700 and had zero issues with it in the hills. Some of the other brands may have been able to climb higher but mine always made it home at the end of the day and I never lost half a season or more sitting in the shop waiting for a crank to come in. Hope they made a 2 stroke but really doubting it...they sailed that ship a long time ago. I have an 03 Viper and still trust it more than the other stuff in the same era. The fact they teamed up with arctic cat on the viper left me with the impression they were slumming...

Last edited:

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it tuff to want to give the old Nytro up as well 6000km boosted on mine and 9000km on riding patners no major issues. The group I ride with seem to do alot of fresh tracks over the years and the Yammie at 18lbs boost is so hard to beat. However hard not to appreaciate the 2 strokes a stock 800 is not for me rode one at 8lbs this year and it was great actally got me thinking this is great on trail and can do some awesome pulls in the hills. The viper would have been my first pick but I do agree with opinions above a 4stroke that can hold no boost unless you upgrade the rods.......kinda goes against the whole purpose of having old reliable in the trailer. Been a yammie fan forever because they work well but will jump to whatever runs well with minimum wrenches pulled.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Na, it was all in some fun

Unlike the others, I know what urs will do

But, trees u would not lots of places we go

LOL, i love you guys who "go where no one else can go", cause you got an XM, wow , you must be super sledder. Or one of my favourites of yours " i go to my secret places ", love that one, only secret till you leave tracks me thinking. Or , hey let me guess, you're the only one who knows how to not leave a track, right ? You're funny man, you and maxwell probably both gonna need shoulder surgery from patting yourself on the back. :) (condescending smile )

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to this but I am under the impression there will be a new Chassis but it will still be a joint venture with Cat. Below is an interview with both the Yamaha and Cat VP's.

https://youtu.be/ltjq90Dtw3c

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frankly i think the yamaha cat partnership can do very well but to predict which way it will go is hard to say both companies can build a 800 plus clean 2 smoke or yamaha can still play the four stoke game. either company can build good chassis cat has been quicker in development in the past while yamaha has focused on fit and finish and reliability.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, i love you guys who "go where no one else can go", cause you got an XM, wow , you must be super sledder. Or one of my favourites of yours " i go to my secret places ", love that one, only secret till you leave tracks me thinking. Or , hey let me guess, you're the only one who knows how to not leave a track, right ? You're funny man, you and maxwell probably both gonna need shoulder surgery from patting yourself on the back. :) (condescending smile )
The last few good tree rides, I have followed snow bikes

They are, crap did u just follow me

So then they tried to loose me on purpose, still there

You are a special, super man, skiddoer Lenny

U know all as u think that right???

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Also, a stock Nitro 163 or even a 190 hp Nitro or viper is a turd to a new 2 smoke 163

U may get there, but it will suck and have to work ur balls off to do it

I've road a new 310 hp viper with a 174

Sure it was fun straight up, but not side hilling, or anything off camber
Felt like I was on a Mach ton sit down sled , so uncomfortable to ride

Last edited:
Top Bottom