2013 M800 big bore kit or turbo

decker1

Reaction score
was thinking of doing some mods to my sled what does everyone think turbo or big bore kit?

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 925 Rk Tek big bore. It's no turbo, but no tinkering.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a Linderman built boondocker turbo it rips hard and reliable. I would love to try a big bore to compare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother runs two big bore cats 2014's. One cutler 950 and the other is a 925. The 925 is angry and stout. Tinker free but they won't run with a boosted sled. The 950 cutler lindermans been trying to sort out. It Should be a lot stronger than it is. I think dale is giving him a new top end with different porting and squish.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the price of Big bore closing nearly 7000 plus installed (with the US Dollar etc ) id go turbo as they are not much more. I was able to spend the majority of a day on the Boost it cat they built and it ran like a top all day long. My old M8 with the OVS kit at 14lbs would get stomped by that Boost it sled at 8 lbs.

For me its a no brainer, turbo. They are not like they used to be and as soon as you mod you risk having more issues and I would choose the extra power.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the price of Big bore closing nearly 7000 plus installed (with the US Dollar etc ) id go turbo as they are not much more. I was able to spend the majority of a day on the Boost it cat they built and it ran like a top all day long. My old M8 with the OVS kit at 14lbs would get stomped by that Boost it sled at 8 lbs.

For me its a no brainer, turbo. They are not like they used to be and as soon as you mod you risk having more issues and I would choose the extra power.

not sure why you would ever buy a big bore from the states when the best running cat set up is built right here in alberta...

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would defiantly check out boost-it if I were going the turbo route again as well

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent about a 1 1/2 days on the cat kit that boost it built and it ran super clean, pulled hard all the way through. The sled ripped!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This imo is undisputed, a turbo trumps BB. You won't get a much better and reliable set up in a two stroke then a Cat, add a turbo to it and your wallet will stay fatter in the long run. Plus a permagrin that only a turbo can provide.
My wife snowchecked a new Cat a week ago and i got to ride one for a weekend. I just finished my 5th season on a Tnytro that i love riding and i was completely takin by the new Cat, its now got me looking at putting my money down on one and turboing it as a replacement for my aging Tnytro.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boost It Turbo kit hands down...cheaper then a big bore and will out perform a big bore in every situation. Best part, keeping it local and can't beat the service. Mine has ran flawless all season

decker1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies I was leaning toward a Turbo. Now what kit guess I have some researching to do

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boost it or TSS. And no question between the turbo and big bore. They have turbos running so good these days. There is NO comparison between a turbo and BB

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked this a while a go and didn't get an answer. Why isn't anyone running the arrow charger system on the proclimbs? They worked really good on the M chassis so why not on the Proclimb?

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked this a while a go and didn't get an answer. Why isn't anyone running the arrow charger system on the proclimbs? They worked really good on the M chassis so why not on the Proclimb?

The ball bearing turbo kits produced now are far superor in performance and tunabilty, as well as much cheaper and easier to fix than the areo system.

as for the turbo vs. big bore debate for me it really comes down to the type of riding you wan to do, and where you ride. 3 feet of blower pow every weekend in revy and or playing in the chutes all the time turbo is king, tight steep trees in Fernie / sicamous I actually have more fun on the NA sled. JMO

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ball bearing turbo kits produced now are far superor in performance and tunabilty, as well as much cheaper and easier to fix than the areo system.

as for the turbo vs. big bore debate for me it really comes down to the type of riding you wan to do, and where you ride. 3 feet of blower pow every weekend in revy and or playing in the chutes all the time turbo is king, tight steep trees in Fernie / sicamous I actually have more fun on the NA sled. JMO

Have you ridden one of the newer turbo systems? Ive had a few turbos now and before my current one I would have agreed with you. Im not sure if its the TSS kit, the boost it controller, or how the etecs respond to boost.....but my TSS xm is just as ridable in the trees as stock, yet you have unbelievable power when you need it.

Seriously, try one of the new kits before you make a decision.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many high mileage units does boost it have on the snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just started doing a few Cats this season. But there is lots of Boost-it Polaris's around though.

I rode with Erik on his Boost-it Cat all winter and it works really well.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ridden one of the newer turbo systems? Ive had a few turbos now and before my current one I would have agreed with you. Im not sure if its the TSS kit, the boost it controller, or how the etecs respond to boost.....but my TSS xm is just as ridable in the trees as stock, yet you have unbelievable power when you need it.

Seriously, try one of the new kits before you make a decision.

Honestly no, I haven't been back on a turbo since I got rid of mine. For the time and what the kits looked like then (2012) mine was fairly advanced, (properly sized turbo, water to air (one of the first around), proper clutching and gearing, engine and headwork ect) But I know the advancements in the turbo game in the last couple years have been huge. I'm just really liking my current build; 2014 cat on a 40+lb Diet and 175hp, it is a super fun sled in the trees!

Top Bottom