Big wheel kit.

Spike0284

Reaction score
I have a 23 skidoo freeride turbo with a big wheel kit on it. My friend has a 23 skidoo freeride turbo without the big wheel kit. My sled runs 40° hotter then my friends.. My question is does the big wheel kit cause higher Temps on the trail ?

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
40 is a large difference. there’s technically a smaller amount track on the ground with larger diameter wheels but I don’t know how or if that would affect temps. How’d the sled run prior to the wheel kit?

Spike0284

Reaction score
The sled already had the kit when I picked it up. Once I'm off the trail the temp drops and runs at about the same temp as the other sled.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 23 skidoo freeride turbo with a big wheel kit on it. My friend has a 23 skidoo freeride turbo without the big wheel kit. My sled runs 40° hotter then my friends.. My question is does the big wheel kit cause higher Temps on the trail ?

I would burp the sled make sure no air bubbles are in the coolant. Did the sled previously get really hot? Coolant have a darker color? Smell off? If all seems good try changing the coolant see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you’re running a flap and scratchers then I agree with Frank, you’ve got some other issue going on

Top Bottom