Here we go again.......friggin' savior's of the earth!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think she's referring to the Nature Conservancy of Canada, which owns the former Darkwoods porperty on Kootenay Lake. Sorry Trish, haven't heard anything.

Thanks Moyie.. I'm keeping my ear open, but I can't find anything. Would be nice to know if something was up though.

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a question that came up here at the store. A customer made mention that the Nature Conservancy may be in financial trouble or something to that nature? Is there any truth to those rumors, and what would that mean for the lands they currently lay claim to?

Yes they can't pay there bills. It was in the news a few weeks ago. They are scrambling to find more money so the money lenders don't flog their properties.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can tell u right now that the darkwoods isnt running out of money .

Please fully explain your rationale for this statement, as clearly stated above that it is not The Duke of Wurttemburg (Darkwoods) that is running out of money, its the NCC who controls the area. Are you saying the NCC will protect this area at all costs, or are you referring to Pluto Darkwoods Corp.?

As for impact to the Darkwoods area, it could potentially mean development as the area has been very well managed since it was purchased privately in 1967 (well managed in a sustainable fashion). There are significant resources in the area that many people would probably like to exploit (i.e. 500 yr old stands of western red cedar), as well as water, tourism and recreation opportunities. The development of the area would be a loss to everyone, from an environmental scientist viewpoint, as there are significant rare species and diverse ecology in this area alone that would be impacted. The water allocation from this area feeds into 17 different watersheds, just to give an idea of the biological and ecological diversity of the area. To me this would be the same fight as Jumbo, some things should be preserved at all cost, and the Darkwoods is one of them.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn! Who let Willy send a thread about South Purcell Caribou into the ditch?
If everybody would just put him on their ignore list this wouldn't happen! :realmad:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn! Who let Willy send a thread about South Purcell Caribou into the ditch?
If everybody would just put him on their ignore list this wouldn't happen! :realmad:

I am wondering if the logs coming down through Porcupine are coming out of the NCC land??? anyone know? Not trying to stir shyte... just wondering the rational,

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone cares that the Provincial Government wasted a bunch of taxpayers money to murder 16 Caribou from Deese lake they tried to dump in the South Purcells? That was more Caribou than there are in the herd they were trying to save!
:focus:

Top Bottom