You know, those cat's are impressive in a way...

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
But guys the post tilts to allow you to side hill better!

There's a million dollar idea.... A steering post that can tilt side to side when required to side hill.... No one would require a left hand throttle....... Just remember, it was my idea ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's post tilts? Mine sure doesn't.

I havent ridden a proclimb but the steering post on the older M series is known for moving around a fair bit once it gets some miles on it. Its an easy fix though with a new hoop from BDX. By the way I'm not bashing cat, I happen to own one with a loose post lol

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent ridden a proclimb but the steering post on the older M series is known for moving around a fair bit once it gets some miles on it. Its an easy fix though with a new hoop from BDX. By the way I'm not bashing cat, I happen to own one with a loose post lol

Same deal on the Proclimbs. Built in bendy post.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same deal on the Proclimbs. Built in bendy post.

LOL you guys make me laugh, find only one thing to fault and beat it to death. You guys sound so petty and just like broken records. Next thing someone will be whining about the windshield clips or the decals lifting at the edges. LOL

The new PC's are pretty solid, I don't like the skis but honestly that is something that Cat has gone cheap on always and is an easy fix. The track is awesome, can't wait to see it in a 3". Still the best shocks on a stock sled and still the strongest 800 cc motor out there for reliability. I would argue that with output now at 163 HP, in terms of reliability and power, its the best motor on the market. New heat exchanger location is working better to keep the snow off the tunnel transition, still like the ergonomics, gauge cluster has some cool features, but would like to see them add a feature like the Doos for summerizing. Tons of aftermarket for these sleds, just can't complain about the potential for where you can go with aftermarket parts.

Only thing I want them to upgrade is the motor to the CTEC 800. Maybe next year?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL you guys make me laugh, find only one thing to fault and beat it to death. You guys sound so petty and just like broken records. Next thing someone will be whining about the windshield clips or the decals lifting at the edges. LOL

The new PC's are pretty solid, I don't like the skis but honestly that is something that Cat has gone cheap on always and is an easy fix. The track is awesome, can't wait to see it in a 3". Still the best shocks on a stock sled and still the strongest 800 cc motor out there for reliability. I would argue that with output now at 163 HP, in terms of reliability and power, its the best motor on the market. New heat exchanger location is working better to keep the snow off the tunnel transition, still like the ergonomics, gauge cluster has some cool features, but would like to see them add a feature like the Doos for summerizing. Tons of aftermarket for these sleds, just can't complain about the potential for where you can go with aftermarket parts.

Only thing I want them to upgrade is the motor to the CTEC 800. Maybe next year?

Ya great motor. Just too bad it coughs blubbers and smokes like a 1st gen cummins

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not beating anything. I like the Cats. Always have. But I also have first hand experience getting towed out of the back country because my sloppy steering post finally broke off after rolling my sled after it was stuck. I then went to a chromoly T top post.

Shake any Cat steering post that has a few miles on them and they are all afflicted by the poor design. That's all.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note. I can't really compare the M handling to the PC.

I had a 10 and 11 M8/HCR and have rode all years of the PC'S. The biggest and best change for me was in the front to back weight transfer. The M could barely get out of its own way where the PC will actually stand up and maintain a cat walk when required. No more Geo/Elvis mods needed. Lol

Second biggest change on handling is the steering effort required when on the trail. No more tendonitis kicking in when ripping on the PC'S!

Still love the M. To me it's almost like the 5.0 Mustang. Was a hotrod in the day, good power and handling, now they are cheap and mod parts are a dime a dozen. But I would always take a PC over an M.

The 2.6 track upgrade on the PC'S was huge. I still can't believe what a difference that made on those sleds. Beauty.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave the proclimb an honest try (obviously owning it for 2 years). Yes there was a learning curve, but the 12 didn't hold a side hill as well as the M series, my brothers M series could climb higher even when we switched machines and the handling was slow to respond and very tiresome. It did how ever ride better, and I could confidently jump it higher and further being a rider forward chassis. But over all the M series IS better than a 12-13 proclimb.

I haven't ridden a 14+, but it was time to try something else. I wasn't willing to buy a newer model of a snowmobile I was displeased with. I'm not an arctic cat die hard, or paid by them, so I had no reason to stick to the proclimb model. I'm glad arctic cat has figured their issues out.Sent from my iPhone

The early ProClimb's might have had some issues. But stock to stock; or with equal mods out climbing an M-Series wasn't one of them. I've been on M's and ProClimbs since '08......checked them out side by side alot. After my '12 ProClimb was clutched and the suspension was properly set up it was a problem for stock M1000's and M8's were not even in the same league. Alot of guys know how to change clutch parts; a great percentage of those guys just put in what someone else told them and go strickly off RPM....a belt slipping makes great RPM......just sayin'.:rolleyes:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The early ProClimb's might have had some issues. But stock to stock; or with equal mods out climbing an M-Series wasn't one of them. I've been on M's and ProClimbs since '08......checked them out side by side alot. After my '12 ProClimb was clutched and the suspension was properly set up it was a problem for stock M1000's and M8's were not even in the same league. Alot of guys know how to change clutch parts; a great percentage of those guys just put in what someone else told them and go strickly off RPM....a belt slipping makes great RPM......just sayin'.:rolleyes:

Lol. Give your unbiased opinion and now I don't know how to tune a snowmobile. Your right, I should have done some clutching and maybe gearing, but that was probably wrong too.

Sorry the proclimb wasn't a hit for me and I enjoyed my M series more. There was even a thread of people going back to the M series when the PC came out.

Sent from my iPhone

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. Give your unbiased opinion and now I don't know how to tune a snowmobile. Your right, I should have done some clutching and maybe gearing, but that was probably wrong too.

Sorry the proclimb wasn't a hit for me and I enjoyed my M series more. There was even a thread of people going back to the M series when the PC came out.

Sent from my iPhone

Did I say YOU didn't have yours set up right? I gave my unbiased opinion; from what our group, and I have seen on the hill, stock ProClimbs outclimbed stock M8's, (some of our kids still ride stock M8's) and you fired back right away. I know some of the set ups other guys were running were pulling RPM but not going anywhere and it was frustrating as hell for them cause they were pulling proper RPM and were lost as to what to do next. I also have a much different approach to clutching my sleds than most people. The same theory I used on my Doo's and Poo's pre '08. I ride with $30,000 Pro's and XM's most everytime I go to the mountains that climb and work crazy good but they just are not for me either. So yeah I get lit up on every hill, every trip. But I ride what I like and so do you, Maxwell, and everyone else that rides and has an opinion. I am not brand bias at all, they all work better than I can ride, and I enjoy spending time in the garage watching hockey, drinking beer, and tweaking sleds of any brand.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I say YOU didn't have yours set up right? I gave my unbiased opinion; from what our group, and I have seen on the hill, stock ProClimbs outclimbed stock M8's, (some of our kids still ride stock M8's) and you fired back right away. I know some of the set ups other guys were running were pulling RPM but not going anywhere and it was frustrating as hell for them cause they were pulling proper RPM and were lost as to what to do next. I also have a much different approach to clutching my sleds than most people. The same theory I used on my Doo's and Poo's pre '08. I ride with $30,000 Pro's and XM's most everytime I go to the mountains that climb and work crazy good but they just are not for me either. So yeah I get lit up on every hill, every trip. But I ride what I like and so do you, Maxwell, and everyone else that rides and has an opinion. I am not brand bias at all, they all work better than I can ride, and I enjoy spending time in the garage watching hockey, drinking beer, and tweaking sleds of any brand.

I agree with everything you have to say, but when your quoting someone, that's a reply to that person.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom