Yamaha's don't climb cabins very well!!!

T

TracksCanada

Glad you posted them elswhere and I really don't think the advertisers will mind. For the record, my name is not Kurt.

Well I'm glad to see you speak for your advertizers, I'm sure they take great comfort from what they read in your posts that they are so well represented. LOL

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fail to see what the big deal is. Threadkiller posted some pics of a ski thief, cops said "Giv'er", he was caught in the act. Its common knowledge that people take cameras sledding, you are aware of that from the parking lot. The person riding up the cabin knowingly did so in an area with other people present, therefore it was implied that he knew others would be around to witness his act. You could argue implied consent based on previous knowledge and location. You are going to get into trouble if you are photographing someone without their consent, but in today's society with camera phones, you have to accept that whatever you do (and say) will be caught on camera. People had their cameras out and were taking pics, Tincan knew that and didn't move, so she gets some airtime.

Doubtful you are going to get charges, too much heresay and not enough tangible proof probably for the cops so a little public shaming might do these people some good it sounds. You are guilty by association if you stand by and do nothing as well. Many eye witness accounts and photos tell the story. If they are being so wrongly accussed, they are welcome to defend themselves, we have a thing called "free speech" in this country, they can post up about what the real story was.

Half the reason people get away with this ch!t is that no one stands up and speaks out. How would you feel if someone vandalized your truck in the parking lot and 15 people watched it and didn't take any pics or stop it because they were too scared of being sued?

Either way - busy place here...........
[h=4]Thread Information[/h][h=5]Users Browsing this Thread[/h]There are currently 35 users browsing this thread. (32 members and 3 guests)

• +,
  • +,

T

TracksCanada

The president of Revy Club has received one phone call apology so far, good on you for that.
Maybe the organizer (Shena) should step up to the plate and call Greg 250-837-6738 (Pres Revy Club)
We now have a ton of pictures of the Yami rider so shouldn't be long for his name to come forward. If he's smart he'd phone Greg and just pay damages to save face and a visit from the RC's cause we all know that's going to really cost him !!!

rough-country

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.rough-country.ca
The Revelstoke Snowmobile Club has spent thousands of volunteer hours to raise funds,plan for a new cabin and then execute the construction. This cabin is not just a shabby cabin but a $ 400,000 plus cabin that was put there for the enjoyment of thousands of riders. "Enjoyment" for respectable riders not for individuals who choose to have fun at any cost. These individuals come, drink, have their fun, vandalize and then go home and forget the fact that now a few club members are left to repair the damages as well PAY for those damages. HOWEVER, we now have identified at least one of the "riders" involved. We are asking for help identifying the other who rode his BlueYamaha up the center of the cabin roof. Trust me, we do have several names and will be passing on to the RCMP if these individuals do not come forward prior and accept responsibility. To avoid RCMP involvement these individuals will need to come forward very soon.

As you can see in my post, I am trying to give these individuals a chance to come forward.

You can contact me at the following:
Greg
250-837-6738 8:00 am - 6:00 pm

Do the right thing guys

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
flabbajabba: Every time I'm at boulder cabin there are lots of peeps sitting around drinking. The wood box will be empty, no wood chopped, garbage left on the tables etc, etc. I'm concerned what will happen once all the regular peeps who do these little clean up tasks, wood chopping, etc. Who will do it then. Or will the entitelment peeps start ripping the boards off the walls to use it for fire wood because "it's someone else's job" to chop the wood.
When myself or other peeps who give a chit about the cabin do these tasks, I've never had one person who is sitting at a table full of beer cans get up and ask if they can help.

I hear ya Hemi I ride Revy once a year usually the first trip.(Snow) I couldn't believe the cabin the first time I saw it.:thumbsup2: I was with two new riders to the sport this year and they were chopping and sweeping along side me. For what ever its worth you can count on me and my group to chop one weekend a year and to rarely spent 20 min in the cabin we dont drive 6-8 hours to drink beer.

I only know Sledbunny through the web and understand your frustration with the meatheads(Yami-tard), But I'd rather we all collectively go lay a beating :arguebats:on the guy on the roof then rip on S&M's privacy policy.

You said it best earlier "To all the people involved with the building of this beautiful cabin, and all volenteers (peeps who do all the wood on both mountains) I'm embarrased and extremely angered by the actions of this group of sledders from Vernon. The rest of us caring sledders who do care we can't THANK YOU enough !!!"

By your passion in this thread I'm sure your in the group you/we should be thanking.

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would give me great sense of satisfaction knowing these people could be punished by S&M members rather than the RCMP . Permanent scares or a slap on the wrist , you choose what's fitting .

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fail to see what the big deal is. Threadkiller posted some pics of a ski thief, cops said "Giv'er", he was caught in the act. Its common knowledge that people take cameras sledding, you are aware of that from the parking lot. The person riding up the cabin knowingly did so in an area with other people present, therefore it was implied that he knew others would be around to witness his act. You could argue implied consent based on previous knowledge and location. You are going to get into trouble if you are photographing someone without their consent, but in today's society with camera phones, you have to accept that whatever you do (and say) will be caught on camera. People had their cameras out and were taking pics, Tincan knew that and didn't move, so she gets some airtime.

Doubtful you are going to get charges, too much heresay and not enough tangible proof probably for the cops so a little public shaming might do these people some good it sounds. You are guilty by association if you stand by and do nothing as well. Many eye witness accounts and photos tell the story. If they are being so wrongly accussed, they are welcome to defend themselves, we have a thing called "free speech" in this country, they can post up about what the real story was.

Half the reason people get away with this ch!t is that no one stands up and speaks out. How would you feel if someone vandalized your truck in the parking lot and 15 people watched it and didn't take any pics or stop it because they were too scared of being sued?

Either way - busy place here...........
Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 35 users browsing this thread. (32 members and 3 guests)

• +,
  • +,

i have no sympathy for these clowns, and i have no idea if yer right or wrong about the legallities involved, but i wouldn't be taking yours , anyone elses or a cops either on legalities of the law, a 30 minute conslutaion with a legal adviser (lawyer) will soon tell ya what you can do. i'd bet posting names isn't one of them and accusations also. that is what the police force is for, and the crown prosecuter. otherwise you may be walking around with empty pockets. just my opinon.

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no sympathy for these clowns, and i have no idea if yer right or wrong about the legallities involved, but i wouldn't be taking yours or anyone elses and a cops either, a 30 minute conslutaion with a legal adviser (lawyer) will soon tell ya what you can do. i'd bet posting names isn't one of them and accusations also. that is what the police force is for, and the crown prosecuter. otherwise you may be walking around with empty pockets. just my opinon.

Not giving anyone legal advice....this is as defined in the law. and I only said you could maybe argue implied consent - which is generally speaking, that the subjects knew you were taking their picture in a public setting. As indicated with camera phones and our shutter bug society, generally anything you do in a public place can be caught on film, so you better be ready to defend your action(s). Some other info for you on the legality of filming or shooting photos in a public place.

Public Places are Fair Game, Almost....Generally, it's perfectly legal to videotape or photograph any person and anything while on public property, except:

• You can't take pictures of areas that are usually considered private such as bedrooms, bathrooms, changing rooms, locker rooms, hotel rooms and so on
  • Certain public places have banned the use of cameras such as mass transit systems, courthouses, capital buildings, secured government buildings, jails or prisons unless you obtain written permission
  • You can't film or photograph if it interferes with police, fire, medical or emergency operations

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious i think this event was wrong in all matters and hope the riders face up and apologize but what if this all occurred and ther was no booze in volved and some guy tried to do that? Just want to see what people will say to this.

Hughman

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't no I was the person who started this thread, I kind of feel bad as it seems like I poked a bear. I just felt sick watching, a beautiful cabin built there for us sledders to use and it getting the total opposite of it's use! I'm sure the Yamaguy feels like a total butthead especially now that everyone has raked him back and fourth threw the coals including myself! The more I read this thread I seen that the Boulder cabin is like everyone's home away from home for sledding including mine and my buddies! I don't disagree with alot of what people are saying on here but let the Revelstoke Snowmobile Club handle the situation and if needed that's what we have the RCMP for I don't think people need the names on here as everyone is more then well aware of who they are I'm sure. I do not actually know the people or care to know the people who were involved. I took the 2 pictures on pg #1 and thats all I have of the pictures. The only people who need the names is the sled club i'd say right now. I just wanted to let the fella no he was treading in treacherous water at the time and didn't no it till now! If he felt none cared for what he was doing when all of us were actually watching when he performed his failure of a stunt then he was poorly mislead. I'm sorry for singling the Yamaguy out but you made a boat load of wrong decisions that day. Ride smart everyone!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious i think this event was wrong in all matters and hope the riders face up and apologize but what if this all occurred and ther was no booze in volved and some guy tried to do that? Just want to see what people will say to this.
I would say just as bad. He wasn't drinking in a situation he shouldn't have been in but then he also made the stupid choice with clear judgement.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not giving anyone legal advice....this is as defined in the law. and I only said you could maybe argue implied consent - which is generally speaking, that the subjects knew you were taking their picture in a public setting. As indicated with camera phones and our shutter bug society, generally anything you do in a public place can be caught on film, so you better be ready to defend your action(s). Some other info for you on the legality of filming or shooting photos in a public place.

Public Places are Fair Game, Almost....Generally, it's perfectly legal to videotape or photograph any person and anything while on public property, except:

• You can't take pictures of areas that are usually considered private such as bedrooms, bathrooms, changing rooms, locker rooms, hotel rooms and so on
  • Certain public places have banned the use of cameras such as mass transit systems, courthouses, capital buildings, secured government buildings, jails or prisons unless you obtain written permission
  • You can't film or photograph if it interferes with police, fire, medical or emergency operations

i have no idea if yer right or wrong pics may be one thing, accusing is another, i'm not willing to find out with my money, courts can be fun places to find out if your right or wrong, see alot of newspapers and magazines paying out big money for the same kind of accusations, and there are several rcmp being sued for wrongful accusations about a dead horse around sundre. here it is a few million. hope they had pics.

Last edited:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have no idea if yer right or wrong pics may be one thing, accusing is another, i'm not willing to find out with my money, courts can be fun places to find out if your right or wrong, see alot of newspapers and magazines paying out big money for the same kind of accusations, personnaly go ahead post picks and accuse the clowns, just be prepared for the downfalls if there are any.

american laws may be different but you are corect celebs are always sueing for slander.... all I know if I was wrongly accused and had 9 pages on 3 different forums with my face pictured somone going to pay me something some way or another thats fawking for sure!!!!

fine line but good call going public put his face out there so he can pay for the damages and then some.
it seems he was caught red handed not much confusion here.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend was in the cabin when this azzhat did this. We were up riding and when we came down she told me about the girls handing out beer and the costumes these tards were wearing. I was pretty ticked. Yeah the costumes might be all in good fun but keep your beer drink azzhat friends away from the mountain if this is the type of actions you can expect from them.

I looked around for some club reps to see if any were there to ask if they were aware of it but didn't reconize any. Great way to potentially damage something so much hard work and effort went into.

Are these two chicks the same ones who were posting on here about being guides for the day on the mountain and then party buddies at night?

I bet your right it is them chicks....

They are from revy. That's nice eh...

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Hughman

Reaction score
Just curious I should of included this earlier, I was uncertain of any damages? Was there some caused to the cabin? I wouldn't of been surprised if there was.. Those Yamaha sleds aren't light!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious I should of included this earlier, I was uncertain of any damages? Was there some caused to the cabin? I wouldn't of been surprised if there was.. Those Yamaha sleds aren't light!

I think I did read some damages... I would assume it bent the roof sheeting a bit at minimal,,, $10K would be a fair penalty I say.... its about half of what one would pay by getting A DUI and thats what he did so sounds about right to me. or $20K that should scare other's from stupidity, and with this he gets a framed picture at the trail head for 10 years explaing his contributions. I will pay for the frame and picture

HID power

Reaction score

Of course you feel remorse! Your caught!! All thugs and lawbreakers show remorse when they get caught.....the tears start flowing.....they beg forgiveness.....blah blah blah!!

I, for one, feel that we should post not only your pictures but your names so all your family and friends can see what azzhats you have been. Nothin like learnin a lesson by being embarrassed in front of your peers.

The names are published on a different website already anyways.....snow west ......"disrespect at revy cabin"

Too bad the managment here does not have the balls of other sites to protect our sport form these types of losers!

And I fully expect this post to be deleted within minutes.......

Top Bottom