Yamaha's don't climb cabins very well!!!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious i think this event was wrong in all matters and hope the riders face up and apologize but what if this all occurred and ther was no booze in volved and some guy tried to do that? Just want to see what people will say to this.

same response I would hope. I'm pretty sure that people would still feel the same way about it even if booze were not involve.

powderbound

Reaction score
Well spoken Drew, I for one agree with what you did and said to this POS, it is people like him that get us in trouble with the media and the granola eaters.....the self serving ones that is..... Majority of sledders, atv, and mx guys/gals appreciate the outdoors but it is useless tools like the one you ran into that ruin everything.

Now for the dip ch!t on the Yamaha that tried to run the cabin.... ya......, it is pretty much a consensus by all... do the world a favor and sell the sled leave the hills to those that deserve to be there..

To all those that have voiced your distaste for the actions of the fools on the hill that drink and ride... thank you.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'd fathom a guess that many of them would still be azzholes even without the booze....

Don't blame the booze, blame the people....

Well spoken Drew, I for one agree with what you did and said to this POS, it is people like him that get us in trouble with the media and the granola eaters.....the self serving ones that is..... Majority of sledders, atv, and mx guys/gals appreciate the outdoors but it is useless tools like the one you ran into that ruin everything.

Now for the dip ch!t on the Yamaha that tried to run the cabin.... ya......, it is pretty much a consensus by all... do the world a favor and sell the sled leave the hills to those that deserve to be there..

To all those that have voiced your distaste for the actions of the fools on the hill that drink and ride... thank you.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm on my 30th year of new home construction, commercial, reno's and primarly working with the drywall aspects of any and all jobs.
The first time I was at the cabin/Revy was only a couple of weeks ago, for the Ladies Ride.
Thank you again, Kathy!!!
As I took one step up to the deck, I could instantly see the passion and craftmanship that went into the building of the cabin. The thought of taking/having a bbq there and making money for the club by selling a hot lunch.
I got to the front door, opened it up, seen the sign in/sign out book and thought what another great idea. Opened the 2nd set of doors and......WOW!!!!!
The first thing I saw was the drying rack over the stove, and the gear hanging from it. I took my time and placed a few things on it to dry. I took more time and looked around at the complete building, and TRIED to imagine what it would have taken to bring all of the product's up and the 1000's of man/women hours it would have taken to build the nicest cabin's I have ever seen! I started mountain riding in the early 90's in Vale, McBride, and Blue. Seen a lot of nice cabin there, but this one has taken the cake.
I seen a good friend there, Dusty aka Threadkiller. Himself and a few of the locals that I was introduced to started to tell me the history, from 20 yrs ago and that stuff does interest me. When it was all said and done, went back out to play in the trees (cause it was snowing so fricken hard :) )and then back to load up.
As I got to the parking lot to load up, I didn't have ramps and was going to back up to a snow bank. I was parked beside one of the big contributers of the cabin, and he happily un strapped his ramps and put them on my tailgate. So I could just ride up, instead of going to the bank.
I wish I could remember his name and company that he owns, because I can't thank him enough for doing something so little like that to help a guy out! I wish I could also remember the ladies from Revy who told me about the history. One of the ladies owns "keyz Pleez"??? (maybe you can send me a text or post their names here, Dusty).
The hospitality and being welcomed to Revy for the first time was a bit overwhemling and sure made me feel comfortable being there. Thank you!

Anyways...... Thanks to Hughman for bringing this thread to my/everyones attention! IMHO there has been a lot of good post's made here (despite the stupidity in the pics), and hope that some justice can prevail.
Mostly for all of the hard work that all of the volunteers, and companies have provided so we have a great warm place to dry, warm up, and shoot the chit.

Thanks again to the town of Revy, the Revy snowmobile club, and everyone who made this all possible for all of us :beer: :beer: :D ( those :beer: are for when were back and parked in town :D )

Last edited:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see kathy looking and keeping quiet. man it must be killing you not to unleash..... like many have said. it was a long time coming for the revy club to have such an awesome chalet and to see such disrespect must just tear them up.

T

TracksCanada

"Thanks to Hughman for bringing this thread to my/everyones attention! IMHO there has been a lot of good post's made here (despite the stupidity in the pics), and hope that some justice can prevail.
Mostly for all of the hard work that all of the volunteers, and companies have provided so we have a great warm place to dry, warm up, and shoot the chit."

Even before the pictures showed up with the start of this thread, a lot of work behind the scenes had been started. There was no reason to have 2 threads running.
Hughman you did not single these people out, (we did appreciate the pictures) the RCMP had their lic numbers even before the guilty left the parking lot.
This is a very good lesson for all, SOCIAL MEDIA can work in many ways.
I want to thank EVERYONE who put their .02 cents in. A few of us who were feeling alone with our passion for the JEWEL ON THE HILL, you have reasured us we are not alone!!!!

Hemi

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the first time peeps have made bad choices while over consuming usually when it happens. Fess up and pay your dues you guys gals group whatever. You played now you pay for damages and ignorance. Hope RC bills the chit out of ya for fawkin with THEIR cabin your a guest act like one.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well any pics of the yamadumby, maybe a few of the drunks, ya don't need names, pics last for a long time, and peer pressure gets more done than any other method. looks like there is way more activity on this site than snowest or dootalk.

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
Hopefully this young person learns from this and grows up a little. We learn from screwing up and some people when there young think there bullet proof. as for the people venting on here i hope if they seen something like that they would say something then and not wait iuntil there hiding behind a keyboard.

xpsledneck

Reaction score
"Thanks to Hughman for bringing this thread to my/everyones attention! IMHO there has been a lot of good post's made here (despite the stupidity in the pics), and hope that some justice can prevail.
Mostly for all of the hard work that all of the volunteers, and companies have provided so we have a great warm place to dry, warm up, and shoot the chit."

Even before the pictures showed up with the start of this thread, a lot of work behind the scenes had been started. There was no reason to have 2 threads running.
Hughman you did not single these people out, (we did appreciate the pictures) the RCMP had their lic numbers even before the guilty left the parking lot.
This is a very good lesson for all, SOCIAL MEDIA can work in many ways.
I want to thank EVERYONE who put their .02 cents in. A few of us who were feeling alone with our passion for the JEWEL ON THE HILL, you have reasured us we are not alone!!!!

Hemi

does any one know if any legal reprocusions (hope i spelled that right) have come to these beer jockies. Had a friend in the cabin at the time and would have been in a rage if worse things had happened and she been inlured. There is no room for any alcohol on the mountian any where save it for the bar or hotel room if i wanted to see drunk people i would go to the club or bar. Hope these guys are held criminaly accountable and banned from sleding all together we already have enough bad media with avys we dont need it from drunks too. Thats my .02 censt
Thanks to all who put in the sweet and blood and tears into the cabin you did an excelent job hell it hend up a 500plus pound sled. Oh and dont forget all our fellow sleders that sweep up, clean up, chop wood thanks and lets keep it up so we can enjoy it for many years to come.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does any one know if any legal reprocusions (hope i spelled that right) have come to these beer jockies. Had a friend in the cabin at the time and would have been in a rage if worse things had happened and she been inlured. There is no room for any alcohol on the mountian any where save it for the bar or hotel room if i wanted to see drunk people i would go to the club or bar. Hope these guys are held criminaly accountable and banned from sleding all together we already have enough bad media with avys we dont need it from drunks too. Thats my .02 censt
Thanks to all who put in the sweet and blood and tears into the cabin you did an excelent job hell it hend up a 500plus pound sled. Oh and dont forget all our fellow sleders that sweep up, clean up, chop wood thanks and lets keep it up so we can enjoy it for many years to come.

hmm how are ya gonna ban someone from owning or riding a sled. you in a rage may get you in worse trouble than the clown on the yamaha. unless the police lay charges, you'll have to lay charges yourself, sled club etc. seeing as you are all riled up, maybe lay charges , you can. drunk driving, drunk in public place, damages to building are just a few that come to mind.

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
Damage is one thing but if he had gotten higher then crashed through into the cabin he could have easily killed someone or himself. Stupid sh!t happens when you party drunk.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damage is one thing but if he had gotten higher then crashed through into the cabin he could have easily killed someone or himself. Stupid sh!t happens when you party drunk.

yes and an avy could have takin them all out, a large tree could have fallin, a chunk of ice from an airplane could have fallen, hmm but it didn't. the roof never fell in so why speculate. it is what it is, a stupid idea and action. hopefully fixable and never done again.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious, was there even any damage?

Not sure as no one from the club is commenting. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the roof has a tin covering so may not be a hole but there probably is marks. The point being it is a new cabin, it cost alot of money to build, there was alot of effort to even plan out the darn thing with permits, etc and alot of volunteer labor was put into the project to build a showcase building for all us peeps. The groomer tore off some of the roof last year and now this. It has to be very frustrating for the club and everyone involved.

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
yes and an avy could have takin them all out, a large tree could have fallin, a chunk of ice from an airplane could have fallen, hmm but it didn't. the roof never fell in so why speculate. it is what it is, a stupid idea and action. hopefully fixable and never done again.

By that logic it would be fine to get drunk and drive down the hi-way, as long as you make it home why speculate about what might happen.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By that logic it would be fine to get drunk and drive down the hi-way, as long as you make it home why speculate about what might happen.

if that works for you! go for it. more than one drink you now are on the threshold of .05 maybe we should stop everyone driving in ft crack as they may be going to injure someone, sometime, somewhere. by the looks of cans and bottles at stop signs looks like sooner than later.

with your logic we'd all be in jail because nothing happened but it could have, i'm thinkin you'd get laughed out of every court house in the land.

sidehillgouger

Reaction score
if that works for you! go for it. more than one drink you now are on the threshold of .05 maybe we should stop everyone driving in ft crack as they may be going to injure someone, sometime, somewhere. by the looks of cans and bottles at stop signs looks like sooner than later.

with your logic we'd all be in jail because nothing happened but it could have, i'm thinkin you'd get laughed out of every court house in the land.
Whatever, go away

Top Bottom