xtx in vale

crosroads

Reaction score
I've been invited to go to Valemont on the 18th and am wondering how my xtx nytro would do, what are your thoughts???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah its fine. as long as its not the phazer xtx your good to go. had a terrible time with one of those in valemount. you have 18 days throw a bigger lug on it :D aaha.

crosroads

Reaction score
yammi doesn't make a phazer xtx. had the wifes phazer in whitecourt last spring and wasn't the only one surprised where it could go, could follow the "big" boys pretty much everywhere only slower and not up the step hills

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a doo, lol. It should do just fine as long you have a deep lug track on it.:d:beer::beer::beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yammi doesn't make a phazer xtx. had the wifes phazer in whitecourt last spring and wasn't the only one surprised where it could go, could follow the "big" boys pretty much everywhere only slower and not up the step hills

YEAH but we are talking about valemount. which is steep and deep lol. not whitecourt. sorry i meant RTX. either way. i had to tow it around valemount all weekend just to get it into some pretty basic riding areas.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the boys that invited you are willing to put their backs into pulling, dragging, shoveling and lifting that thing out all day long, I say go ahead. any a$$ time spent in the mountains is worth it.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you're not trying to break trail with it you should be fine. It does have a 144 even if it is only 1.25". The wide ski stance will make it a little more difficult to sidehill but not too long ago there were lots of 136's back in the hills, my son used to ride a 121 X 1.5 a few years back before he moved up to the big 141, lol. I took one for a rip at Yamafest last year in Revy and was impressed.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the conditions. 3' Dry fluffy powder your going to have issues just like everyone else. Solid base with a foot of sticky fresh, your going to have a blast.

Just be prepared to work if there is lots of fresh snow.

Hudson_M1000

Reaction score
Depends on how much powder your in. Need a deep lug track for sure,loosin off your limiting straps all the way and loosin up your back shock as much as possible. You want to try to keep that heavy front end up on the snow. Trust me it will make all the diff in the world. I've dug out alot of stock nytro's and helped buddy tweak his stock 09MTX and this is what he had to do to ride in the powder.:beer:

I'm actually lookin to go ridin out there with some buddy on the same weekend maybe see ya out there

Top Bottom