XM performance additions....?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i keep hearing there is a fuel controller out for the etec now. If there is any truth to that then any mod you do, head or pipe or porting, you now have the ability to tune the fuel for it. Without a proper fuel controller gains will be minimal for now. SLP has one listed on there website.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i keep hearing there is a fuel controller out for the etec now. If there is any truth to that then any mod you do, head or pipe or porting, you now have the ability to tune the fuel for it. Without a proper fuel controller gains will be minimal for now. SLP has one listed on there website.

Yes there is one. Just not released to the general public yet.

They have been doing dyno runs with it and different combinations of pipes, heads, reeds and such.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
total of 1800 miles on the sled, most of them turboed, ya for sure if you ran lower boost like 5 and 6, it would run alot longer, and make two years probally, it when your running 8 to 10 lbs more maintence will be needed

1800 miles or KM? So if you run minimal boost all the time (5-6 psi) do you think an engine rebuild is still necessary every year? Is it pretty easy to do yourself? If you switch out your pistons for something else (titanium or ...?) will you get a longer engine life?

Details please!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't it just controlled piggy back injectors though?

Not from what I am hearing, if there is any truth to that this is the most ideal situation. Fuel economy, performance, pull n go, all on the stock system. My only question would be if you tax the injectors to the max if there is any longevity issues.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not from what I am hearing, if there is any truth to that this is the most ideal situation. Fuel economy, performance, pull n go, all on the stock system. My only question would be if you tax the injectors to the max if there is any longevity issues.

Correct, it is a standalone controller.

Not currently a concern with the voice coils. The current system operates around 500-600 psi. I can not recall exactly the operating psi at wot. The injectors are capable of 1000 psi.

The change allows the volume of fuel to be adjusted, basically the injector map is changed so the duration or duty time on the voice coil is lengthened.

Or atleast that is how it was explained to me. I am not an expert or engine builder so take it for what it is worth.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom