xm or sp. What are you paying?

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought i was contributing positively to this thread....nothing like some good old capitalism to get the heart pumping in the morning...Everyone has ski doo's in this section so it changes from brand to dollar dollar bills YO

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but wouldn't buying a sled at a local dealer then taking that sled there for service and buying all your parts there be advantageous to developing a relationship with a dealer leading to conceivably better deals down the road?

I can't speak for all dealers but Bow Cycle and Bow Ridge give new sled buyers 10% off parts and accessories. If you ride (or break) a lot that can quickly deteriorate that $500 you drove 3 hours for to save.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Nope your crazy lol. Always works for me but I'm the crazy one. Lots of dealers offer incentives on parts Etc and second vehicle purchases for stickin around. Like you said that 10% on parts an accessories adds up fast!

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 13 xm sp146 summit coming from Riders in Edson I just have to say they have wicked service they getme what I want and I've called all around northern Alberta and nobody can come near the price.

This is the second or third time I've read that Edson has the best prices but no post on what that price is.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope your crazy lol. Always works for me but I'm the crazy one. Lots of dealers offer incentives on parts Etc and second vehicle purchases for stickin around. Like you said that 10% on parts an accessories adds up fast!

I think most dealerships offer the 10% off when you buy a sled. I have no problem buying local, actually I prefer it. But when I'm trying to make a deal with a dealership I bought 3 sleds from in the last 3 yrs and they won't even come close to a price buddy 2-3 hours away gave me over the phone fawk that, ill make the drive. Like I said before most everybody on here's time is not worth $250-330/HR. If it is good for you, you should be buying local and pay the extra $1500-2000, because you obviously have way too much money.

I'm sure most people who are buying a new vehicle don't buy the one that's 2 blocks away, just because its 2 blocks away. They shop it out, locally. I just bought a new car, between 2 dealerships there was a 20% difference. I bought from the one that was 1hr away, not the one that's 20 mins away. Was it worth the extra 4hrs time I spent shopping around, I dunno you tell me...

Just my .02cents, for $500 difference ill buy from local, for $2000 difference ill make the drive. Alberta ain't that big.!

signedge

Reaction score
The fact is this. It's the buyers hard earned money who can buy anywhere they want. All anyone wants is a fair price and a little service when needed. Throwing in extra goodies here and there helps get you a good rep. Telling me thats the price take it or leave it is not a selling point. Telling me we have guys buying 10 sleds they are our good customers so they get a better deal is not a selling point. I only care about my money when I'm buying. If you want my business work for it. Word of mouth is the best selling feature out there. The internet and phone work fine and more business is being done this way. I don't have to come in and talk. Some guys will pay more some less as long as you can afford and are happy with your price as long as it's a ski-doo that's all that matters. Oh and Buy at MRRS they will take great care of you over the phone or by email. Call Ken

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha this whole thread gave me a kick. We are arguing about $250-$1000 bucks. When you go to sell it your gonna lose thousands anyway so just enjoy it while you can and fight about the money afterwards.

p_inky

Reaction score
2013 summit sp 154 w electric start 12700 +tx
2013 summit x 154 w electric start 13200 +tx

Is that from dealer in Stn? those guys told me $13,100+ tx for the 154 x then when I went to go buy it they told me about all these other delivery fees and tax that was going to bring it to $15,400. Prince Albert was just as bad telling me they were going in the red selling me an sp for 13,100+ tx, If your looking for skidoos in Sk, Id recommend Seasons Edge (Nipawin) 12,700+tx (thats PDI`d, belt, oil, gas) or Regina Powersports where I got my SP

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that from dealer in Stn? those guys told me $13,100+ tx for the 154 x then when I went to go buy it they told me about all these other delivery fees and tax that was going to bring it to $15,400. Prince Albert was just as bad telling me they were going in the red selling me an sp for 13,100+ tx, If your looking for skidoos in Sk, Id recommend Seasons Edge (Nipawin) 12,700+tx (thats PDI`d, belt, oil, gas) or Regina Powersports where I got my SP

There's a good chance that dlg was referring to snowcheck prices, which usually are lower than Fall prices.

p_inky

Reaction score
I dont think so, this was prices as of last week. It was the same for a few other sleds I priced out there. Like the 146 SP "lowest price" price was another $600-$700 on top of what other dealers were giving me for prices on the phone.

Top Bottom