XM Mods

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when are you going into production and how much ;)

what at did you do for the air box?

Ha. Production hey. Would love too but probably won't happen.
The lower air box is still there. I ran some very light aluminum piping (1 lb) to each side of the sled with prefilter and connected to the stock air horn. Not sure how it will work but its what I got for now. I am fairly confident it will work pretty good.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are just as weak as the 2008's.
Some don't even realize that they bent anything up when they graze a stump. These braces make the a-arms the weakest points.
I bought my '13 XM with a tweaked front end, fixed it up, and put the GNR braces in. The a-arm was slightly bent, and with a little more persuasion, it would have buckled.
This kit has proven to be the real deal time and time again.

Ya and did Ur New sled loading it into the box.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA That's right.
I heard LBZ did go for a little tumble thought.. LOL

Ya and did Ur New sled loading it into the box.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya not one of my prouder sled loading moments. Wouldn't have gone over the bars if I hadn't been standing on one side. That's what caused things to go sideways. But I can't believe that slight of an impact would bend stuff. It wasn't violent at all - the front of the box bending and left ski flexing more worked like a big shock absorber.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg Cylinder porting, y pipe​
mod and 3" inlet airbox

Last edited:

Clay911

Reaction score
Finally Got some pictures of some mods i got done.

Kill Switch relocate
IMG_00000122 (Medium).jpg

Front screen mesh
IMG_00000130 (Medium).jpg

Rave heat shield
IMG_00000131 (Medium).jpg

Ski Bushing Grease nipple
IMG_00000127 (Medium).jpg

Powder Wedges
IMG_00000138 (Medium).jpg

Quick Clickers
IMG_00000134 (Medium).jpg

Scissor relocate
IMG_00000137 (Medium).jpg

Properly vented goggle bag
IMG_00000133 (Medium).jpg

Another shot of goggle bag
IMG_00000132 (Medium).jpg

duggyb

Reaction score
Here are the pictures of mine and Clay911s beefed up scissor. Welds layed on the inside as well as some flatbar on the outside.

xpost-10723-1384194818691.jpg

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry this probably sounds stupid as I am likely getting into a new sled this year but what is the "scissor"? and why does it need beefing up?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the rear pivot below the t-motion.
There probably has be like a total of 5 of them break in the world.. LOL

Ok sorry this probably sounds stupid as I am likely getting into a new sled this year but what is the "scissor"? and why does it need beefing up?

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a push up the other day so I am pretty sure I lost a pound or two, I should be good then.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clay's spindle zerk insert is a must. I have done this with all my last 3 sleds.
If not, do yourself a favour, pull out the ski bolt and you will see absolutely no grease in the bushings/spindle tube, you would at least think they would grease it when they do the PDI...If you leave it ungreased, you are looking to replace the bushings every season.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clay's spindle zerk insert is a must. I have done this with all my last 3 sleds.
If not, do yourself a favour, pull out the ski bolt and you will see absolutely no grease in the bushings/spindle tube, you would at least think they would grease it when they do the PDI...If you leave it ungreased, you are looking to replace the bushings every season.

Where are the details for this mod ?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's easy.
Just go to Princess auto, buy some threaded grease nipples, the insertion/threading tool, a proper diameter drill bit..

Pull the ski saddle bolt out, and remove the ski, and the tube thats inside the bushings, Take a file, flatten the casting joint a bit, take a center punch to start your drill bit and drill the hole. Clean out the shavings, insert the grease nipple. Re-assemble with some grease, but then pimp grease in till you see it ooze out. DONE.

Where are the details for this mod ?

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's easy.
Just go to Princess auto, buy some threaded grease nipples, the insertion/threading tool, a proper diameter drill bit..

Pull the ski saddle bolt out, and remove the ski, and the tube thats inside the bushings, Take a file, flatten the casting joint a bit, take a center punch to start your drill bit and drill the hole. Clean out the shavings, insert the grease nipple. Re-assemble with some grease, but then pimp grease in till you see it ooze out. DONE.

Thanks buddy, did you only do this on the skis or did you need to do it in other areas also ?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard of some doing this to their a-arms, but I don't think theere is enough metal there. I am sure you could do it in the rear suspension points also..
Thanks buddy, did you only do this on the skis or did you need to do it in other areas also ?

Top Bottom