XM Mods

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard of some doing this to their a-arms, but I don't think theere is enough metal there. I am sure you could do it in the rear suspension points also..

No need all those a arms run on plastic bushings.....

Ski spindles are a must though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

duggyb

Reaction score
It's the rear pivot below the t-motion.
There probably has be like a total of 5 of them break in the world.. LOL

Maybe 5 that you heard of. We know of a 3 or 4 guys just local that ride and broke them.

This is an easy mod to get done with no snow on the ground and saves my ass if it fails. I'm not to worried about replacing the arm but riding out on a broken arm is near impossible and ends a day pretty fast.

Preventive and easy, kind of like grip n rips. You can bet you the guys that broke them last year will be beefing them up this year.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg Made better use of the gas can linq bracket!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought it was funny how perfectly a dozen fit in there!
Yea looks good man, you can always share with your friends. Just don't want to see a trail named after you cause you rode off the side of it:beer:

Reactions: CJR

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok sorry this probably sounds stupid as I am likely getting into a new sled this year but what is the "scissor"? and why does it need beefing up?

The scissor is what 2 woman's activist do together in there spare time, and they are usually pretty beefy as at it.

Sorry couldn't resist. :beer:

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey BeachSled, is that the Mtn Cut skid plate you put on?

No it's not the Mtn. cut. When I talked to him he only had one type available for the XM (3pcs) Maybe he has one in the works? It's a great skid plate, I'm very happy with it.

Rust

Reaction score
Cool Thanks, didnt see anything XM specific on his site so figured id ask. Im thinking this is probably a better option then the Doo skid plates dispite the cost difference!

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool Thanks, didnt see anything XM specific on his site so figured id ask. Im thinking this is probably a better option then the Doo skid plates dispite the cost difference!

I'm fairly sure that I will break before the skid plate.

Clay911

Reaction score
Got a Christmas present from Raffi at RPM Composites. 7 of the only Skidplates a sled should have. Got some installs ahead of me now lol.

P1040887 (Medium).JPG

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent a little time in the shop last night. Did the BRP vent covers, adjustable riser, linq mounts, quick clickers, heat taped the RAVE covers, ice storm reversible scratchers, removed one set of bogie wheels. Tonight I'll do the grip n rip braces and Saturday go for a road ride with some cold friends.

Top Bottom