XM Mods

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finished up some mods today, the Grip N Rip braces are in and look good. One tip.... buy some good allen keys for the rear brace screws. (I broke one off in the screw :() But over all I am happy with them and I can see the strength the braces will add.

Looks good! How hard was the install and what all did you have to remove from the sled to install the GnR braces? I feel confident I can do the install myself but just curious..

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: And the best part....

And the RPM Composite skid plate.... Wow, this skid plated is a thing is beautiful. Raffi at RPM did a great job, its fit and finish is amazing, all holes to bolt it up were bang on. The part that impressed me the most was how perfectly formed the 3 plates were and how much protection it gives to the front cooler. It fits around the Grip N Rip braces like a glove, what else can I say.... Its amazing !

The first 4 pics are of the install and not bolted together fully, the last 2 are fully installed and the panels sit nice and flush together, no gaps at all.

That's WAAAAAYYY too pretty to smash over rocks and stumps.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good! How hard was the install and what all did you have to remove from the sled to install the GnR braces? I feel confident I can do the install myself but just curious..

It was fairly easy to do, i just took my time and plugged through it. I think the hardest part was undoing and bolting back up the rear lower A-arms. The nut is inside the cast aluminum brace and the only way to stop the nut from turning is to jam a screw driver or a chisel in there to hold it. Just read the instructions and get a good idea of what you need to do before you start drilling holes. If you can get past the frustration of the nuts for the rear A-arm you will do just fine. Oh and you will NEED a small drill, I have a little 12v Ridgid brand that worked well.

I took off the hood, small middle front body piece, suitcase , pipe, and then only unbolted the upper rear A-Arm to put in the 90' brace tabs. And when it came to the E & S modules I just removed all the lower A-arm bolts. Some guys take of more apart but I found what I removed to be enough to work. I have more pictures of the install if anyone wants to see them.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All done.. Now bring on the snow. :d

Adjustble bar riser, lots of slack on the cables.
Rail stiffeners.
Tunnel bag.
New 'Rap-clip' travel tarp, now has a strap to keep it from flapping in the wind.

Attachments

• DSC00684.jpg
    DSC00684.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 686
  • DSC00688.jpg
    DSC00688.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 688
  • DSC00691.jpg
    DSC00691.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 686
  • DSC00694.jpg
    DSC00694.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 696

duggyb

Reaction score
Re: And the best part....

And the RPM Composite skid plate.... Wow, this skid plate is beautiful. Raffi at RPM did a great job, its fit and finish is amazing, all holes to bolt it up were bang on. The part that impressed me the most was how perfectly formed the 3 plates were and how much protection it gives to the front cooler. It fits around the Grip N Rip braces like a glove, what else can I say.... Its amazing !

RPM Composites

The first 4 pics are of the install and not bolted together fully, the last 2 are fully installed and the panels sit nice and flush together, no gaps at all.

skid plate looks good,glad you went with it! As i sated before also glad my brother convinced me to get one, i think between me and him plus some buddies he ordered 7 of them from Raffi. They should show up anyday now.

Thanks for the pics.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a small right angle attachment that Milwaukee has for driving screws to do those upper braces. 30 bucks well spent.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who makes that hood set up you have? That actually looks good. Probably the best looking XM delete set up ive seen yet. How much weight did it drop?

4dzrule

Reaction score
Forgive me guys maybe this has been asked, this is my first Summit since 06 (had a M8T for the last 4years) so I'm just getting back into the game here. Are there any concerns that these GnR braces could cause damage to the E-module? I'm ok with A-arms bending but if the A-arms don't give what is? Or am I missing something that is protecting the E-mod? The only reason I asked is a good friend of mine who has had 4 different XP's since 08 said once he changed his own S-mod after bending it he would not install any kind of support to it just because he felt it would compromise the E-mod/bulk head area and he called the S-mod the crumple zone to protect the more expensive/harder to repair areas behind it. Thanks!

• Recommends
Reactions: Dmf

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forgive me guys maybe this has been asked, this is my first Summit since 06 (had a M8T for the last 4years) so I'm just getting back into the game here. Are there any concerns that these GnR braces could cause damage to the E-module? I'm ok with A-arms bending but if the A-arms don't give what is? Or am I missing something that is protecting the E-mod? The only reason I asked is a good friend of mine who has had 4 different XP's since 08 said once he changed his own S-mod after bending it he would not install any kind of support to it just because he felt it would compromise the E-mod/bulk head area and he called the S-mod the crumple zone to protect the more expensive/harder to repair areas behind it. Thanks!

Yup! Totally agree with him. To me it's just transferring the damage further into the more expensive parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who makes that hood set up you have? That actually looks good. Probably the best looking XM delete set up ive seen yet. How much weight did it drop?

I made it myself. With the gauge and intake installed saved 11 to 12lbs.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The braces save ur E-mod too. Before I put the braces on one of my old sleds, hit a rock early season(not even very hard) Broke the S mod,, bent the E-mod and 1 A-arm. After the braces installed I have smashed that thing off rocks and never bent the E-mod.. To me the braces are a must.

4dzrule

Reaction score
The braces save ur E-mod too. Before I put the braces on one of my old sleds, hit a rock early season(not even very hard) Broke the S mod,, bent the E-mod and 1 A-arm. After the braces installed I have smashed that thing off rocks and never bent the E-mod.. To me the braces are a must.

Thanks for the input...Are the XM chassis beefed up at all from the old Xp's? Did anyone bend a XM last year like lilduke?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input...Are the XM chassis beefed up at all from the old Xp's? Did anyone bend a XM last year like lilduke?
The S-mod and E-mod are not beefed up signifigantly at all, I have a 2014 freeride coming (supposed to be stronger than the x) And I'm still adding the braces. You can bend any sled... the braces will make it a lot stronger though.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are just as weak as the 2008's.
Some don't even realize that they bent anything up when they graze a stump. These braces make the a-arms the weakest points.
I bought my '13 XM with a tweaked front end, fixed it up, and put the GNR braces in. The a-arm was slightly bent, and with a little more persuasion, it would have buckled.
This kit has proven to be the real deal time and time again.

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are a few more.

Attachments

• Rocky%20View%20No.%2044-20131027-00204.jpg
    Rocky%20View%20No.%2044-20131027-00204.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 584
  • Rocky%20View%20No.%2044-20131027-00203.jpg
    Rocky%20View%20No.%2044-20131027-00203.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 583
  • Rocky%20View%20No.%2044-20131025-00189.jpg