Wtf! No idea. Suggestions?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here it is, went to start my sled today, starts fine but when i try to open up the throttle on my property it bogs at 5000 rpm evertytime i hit the throttle, cant get past 20 or so kph. So i checked the plugs cleaned them up put em back in and same result. Was pretty low on gas so i topped er up, same result. Then when i pick up the track and get the father in law to hit the throttle it stalls immediately:confused::confused::confused: frozen or partly frozen gas line??? Any other suggestions on what my problem is and how i might be able to fix it, got to ride in a couple days and itll really chap my a$$ if i miss it and if i have to bring it into the shop!

thx, merry christmas:beer::beer:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well first thing its a CAT,sorry had to say it.Is your air box clogged with snow or ice,do you have a heated shop .Thaw it out and try again.when are ya ridin fri,or sat and where are ya going? Good luck and Merry Christmas

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well first thing its a CAT,sorry had to say it.Is your air box clogged with snow or ice,do you have a heated shop .Thaw it out and try again.when are ya ridin fri,or sat and where are ya going? Good luck and Merry Christmas

no worries i expected to hear a dig about cat :nono:. supposed to go on sat and or sun, not sure where, a couple of buds from ab are comin down and they havent made their mind up yet. No heated shop, just a basement garage. Gonna pick up some foam insulation on boxing day then throw it on the garage door put the electric heaters on and hopefully thatll thaw everythin out

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be throttle position sensor due to froze up carbs

sledneck

Reaction score
If its 1st time out since last yr. and you didnt use sta-bil,ya may have spooge in yur jet(s)/bowls.Good luk

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with what's been said, seen this fixed before by a good thaw. I have also seen this from running reg fuel with too much ethanol. ended up burning a piston on a cold day because of it.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
insulated the garage door and window and put the electric heaters on bust, WALAH! She runs like snot again! Thx for the feedback guys:beer::beer::beer:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might want to giver the old isopropyl treatment, a little dribble here and there might save yah some headaches down the road....

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might want to giver the old isopropyl treatment, a little dribble here and there might save yah se wome headaches down the road....
not sur what the isp fix is?? fill me in would ya??

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sur what the isp fix is?? fill me in would ya??

Isopropyl is a additive that will help prevent your fuel system from freezing up do to water contamination in your fuel, ie: snow or water from Jerry cans, condensation from cold to warm etc.
Like Summiteer said, don't use "methanol", this will cause engine damage in your snowmobile.
Read the ingredients, look for product that is labelled "Isopropyl". Long story short... its gas line antifreeze and for the little cost... it will save you headaches and money.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might want to concider using fuel stabilizer the next time you pe her away for the summer. or better yet drain the fuel out and use it in you lawn mower then dump in some fresh premo and start her up once er twice a month in the off season. Works for me and gives the garage that nice scent on two stroke smoke. I wish that they would bottle that scent.:)

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this sounds exactly what mine is doing,took it out for a bit ran great then started acting up.Now i start it up runs ok try to take off but only runs on 1,but will sometimes run on 2 but not long.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might want to concider using fuel stabilizer the next time you pe her away for the summer. or better yet drain the fuel out and use it in you lawn mower then dump in some fresh premo and start her up once er twice a month in the off season. Works for me and gives the garage that nice scent on two stroke smoke. I wish that they would bottle that scent.:)

didnt put er away for the summer, shes brand new prob about 250k on her. Just put her away after a fat powder day and the thing was basically a block of ice:nono:

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check that the altitude sensor hose on your ecu is not frozen. It happened to a friends M1000 and it acted the same way. So warming it up does the job but keep it in mind for next time it might be the problem. Just passing on some hard learned knowledge!

Top Bottom